We started blogging our life as best friends, husband and wife, in 2006 shortly after we got married. Once we had children, I created a new blog for our growing family. This is our blog sharing the story of our life: beginning with our first pregnancy and our journey as parents to our beloved firstborn, BB1, who arrived in our world perfectly on 11.5.2010 and his precious sister, BB2, born on 10.6.2012, our sweet third baby, BB3, born 2.3.2015, our 3rd vivacious daughter, BB6, born on 5.1.2018 and our 2nd living son and final Bruffey Baby, BB8, born 6.23.2021. We also love our 3 greatly missed babies in Heaven, BB4 (born in Heaven at 5 weeks 5 days on 10.8.2016) BB5 (born still at 16 weeks on 2.5.2017), and BB7 (born in Heaven at 7 weeks 3 days on 10.23.2019). I will share my stories of our family, of being a wife, a mother, a home manager, a friend, a woman, a Hope Mom, and a person pursuing hope in Christ through life and death, joy and pain. Welcome to our journey!

"Show me the path where I should walk, O LORD; point out the right road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you."
Psalm 24: 4 - 5

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Update: Ruth Evelyn at 31 Weeks!

31 Weeks...


...I remember just praying we'd make it safely to 20 weeks thinking, "then! then I can breathe!" and 20 weeks came and went and with placenta previa and SCH's, I still held my breath... one. day. at. a. time. Josh, my beloved husband, even said recently that he realizes he has had such concern for this little baby because our first 20 or so weeks were SO very uncertain. I love the journey of a life growing within, but more than anything, I am eager to hold this precious baby. Don't get me wrong, I really don't want her to come a day before 40 weeks and am content for her to come whenever God sees fit for her health, but I ache to hold her! To see who she looks like, what is uniquely HER, to count those fingers and toes, to kiss that little head and belly and see her with her big brother! I'm in awe that we are at 31 weeks! We are in the "single-digit weeks" left to the big, really random number called my EDD (expected due date or expected date of delivery or estimated due date). As I learned with our awesome boy, this date is REALLY just a number... that 40 weeks is kind of like averages and bell curves - created to quantify something LOOSELY that really can't be fully quantified because "it depends". The average first time Mama goes 41 1/2 weeks, but I have several friends who went into labor naturally at 37 weeks, 39 weeks, etc. and had happy, healthy babies. Still others who had really premature little ones that had a rough go at first, but then got strong and healthy and are just fine today. The day I went into labor with Jacob, I met a woman who had carried her firstborn 44 weeks! So, the "9 weeks left" is just hitting a milestone - 40 weeks - yay! It also tells me a lot about Ruth's development and that is reassuring to any mother. Each day, each week, each month means our little girl develops one more milestone physically (and I believe emotionally and psychologically as well) in the womb where life is safe, all needs met, and completely comfortable and with her Mama!

A dear friend, who recently gave birth to a sweet little girl, recommended this book much earlier in my pregnancy and I've LOVED reading it every week: 


The author offers great encouragement, scripture to pray, places to journal what you are feeling, learning, and prayers for your baby - and awesome insight into baby's weekly development and links this to character and spiritual, biblical truths to pray for your child. I've been praying both for Ruth AND Jacob as I read through!

Here's what this week's development is all about:

"Your Baby's Immune System"

Ruth's major organs are developed, but her lungs still need to mature in order for her to breathe on her own. The author also talks about breastfeeding and its benefits and then talks about praying for a baby to have a healthy immune system and also a calm spirit founded in Jesus Christ and the peace He brings. She talks about the mother setting the mood for a household and the importance of slowing down long enough to enjoy the peace and presence of God. She shares these verses:

1 John 4:4 "You are from God, little children...because the One who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world."

John 14:27 "My peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Your heart must not be troubled or fearful"

Romans 5:1 "We have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ"

Psalm 62:1 "I wait quietly before God, for my victory comes from him"

Finally, she guides the reader through a prayer for baby's health and a strong immune system, baby's spirit and life to know Jesus and have His peace in her heart regardless of life's circumstances, and a prayer for Mother to allow God to use her to create a haven of security and calmness in her home where love alone thrives. 

I have been so encouraged weekly reading this book and being guided through prayer and truth about my baby and my life as a mother! 

After dinner with my Jacob but before his bath time, I was able to snap a few pictures of Ruth Evelyn in my belly (while Jacob ran around her nursery and cracked up every time I posed and the camera snapped!). Happy 31 weeks baby girl! As you grow and change, so does your beautiful nursery!

 


~ Mama Bruffey
Wife of One, Mother of Two

3 comments:

  1. Praying through your pregnancy is a great book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you're already 31 weeks along!! I am so excited for your family. Ruth will be one lucky girl to be born into such a loving family.
    You look beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It has been quite a year and yet seems so fast to already be 31 weeks! Thanks for your kind words - we are SO ready to welcome this little one into our arms, see her with her big brother, and love on her! I'm starting to feel that "heavy belly", but feeling really good in this pregnancy. It was so good to see you and meet Emma! :-)

      Delete