Well, as of yesterday 8.15.12, we are 33 weeks along! I am still amazed as each week unfolds and I feel this sweet baby move in my belly. We met with our birth photographer yesterday morning to finalize things and get to know her - and we love her! She had her sweet 6 week old son with her - SO precious! I have really enjoyed and been blessed to get to know so many of the people in the birth community here in the DFW metroplex! We can't wait to have this photographer at our birth! Check her out at her blog: Mindful Momma Photography!
Today, a sweet friend from my high school days who was also a band and is also a twin gave us an incredible gift - a beautiful bassinet for our baby girl! She has 4 little girls, one just born this July 10th! She has been a blessing in passing on some girly things for our little one! Here is the bassinet - and we cannot wait to see our Ruth snuggled in right next to our bed - it is nice to have this in addition to our co-sleeper!
Breathtaking! I love the pink bow and the sweet basket where we can put some diapers below the bassinet. And it has wheels so we can move it easily around!
Bassinet for baby Ruth!
Ready for our little one!
Also, I went outside to check the mail after Jacob went to bed, only to find a huge diaper box full of clothes from this same friend! I had totally overlooked them in my excitement over the bassinet! I spent a bit of time this evening sorting them and of course taking pictures!
Stack #1
These are some outfits that just jumped out at my heart from this stack of clothes:
"little sister" - perfect for Jacob's little sis!
Dress with bloomers!!
2 sweet dresses!
A little giraffe outfit with a onsie, pants, sleeper, and a giraffe hat! Adorable!
Stack #2
Outfits from the second stack that I cannot wait for Ruth to wear:
Sweet jumper dress that is sort of like a pressed velvet!
This is what I think of as a "shabby chic" material - so beautiful!
I LOVE this shift - very classic! So fitting for our "Ruth"!
My sweet friend also included 3 outfits for me - a maternity dress and 2 maternity tops! Yay!
I've been thinking of how God provides our daily manna, even when life seems hard or the days ahead so very uncertain. As I look at my daughter's bassinet and sorted through these beautiful clothes (all NB size! a size we didn't have but a few outfits in!) - I was struck by a thought... We have all these great girl clothes and so many have been gifted from friends - it made me think today how excited GOD is about each new life that HE created - and how He really does provide... we have these great, beautiful girly clothes for Ruth and we could never have got her all this ourselves, but her Creator owns everything and has sent her an abundance! Thank you Lord for our children - YOUR creations that you love and allow us to steward and love, as well!
We are blessed - one day at a time. For today - there is love in our home, food in our pantry, a job for Josh, clothes for my children, and gas in our car - and THAT is our manna for this day!
~ Mama Bruffey
Wife of One, Mother of Two













No comments:
Post a Comment