We started blogging our life as best friends, husband and wife, in 2006 shortly after we got married. Once we had children, I created a new blog for our growing family. This is our blog sharing the story of our life: beginning with our first pregnancy and our journey as parents to our beloved firstborn, BB1, who arrived in our world perfectly on 11.5.2010 and his precious sister, BB2, born on 10.6.2012, our sweet third baby, BB3, born 2.3.2015, our 3rd vivacious daughter, BB6, born on 5.1.2018 and our 2nd living son and final Bruffey Baby, BB8, born 6.23.2021. We also love our 3 greatly missed babies in Heaven, BB4 (born in Heaven at 5 weeks 5 days on 10.8.2016) BB5 (born still at 16 weeks on 2.5.2017), and BB7 (born in Heaven at 7 weeks 3 days on 10.23.2019). I will share my stories of our family, of being a wife, a mother, a home manager, a friend, a woman, a Hope Mom, and a person pursuing hope in Christ through life and death, joy and pain. Welcome to our journey!

"Show me the path where I should walk, O LORD; point out the right road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you."
Psalm 24: 4 - 5

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Fun and Learning: Some Pinterest Creations!

My friend, Sarah, is SO creative as a Mama! Her background in education is one I learn from as I guide Jacob in his learning and growth. I like to "stalk" her Pinterest boards - and I'm not one who likes to just be on Pinterest very often nor do I really follow or look at other people's boards. But Sarah has GREAT ideas. Two I saw at her house recently that I knew I wanted to create for Jacob (and, eventually, Ruth!). I've spent the past couple of days working on these fun learning tools! 

The first is a set of 20 pictures you use as playdough mats! There is a website with all these pictures free to print - then I just needed to laminate them and the playdough fun can begin! I've printed all 20 and, using some self-laminating sheets I already had, I've laminated 3 so far. I hope to finish the other 17 tomorrow. I introduced these to Jacob after his nap today - he's still not too keen on playdough, but got a kick out of the face and us working on adding eyes, mouth, nose, ears, etc. 


The second project I worked on are these great color wheels for helping little ones learn their colors! (NOTE: I enjoyed doing a lot of the coloring and finalizing while watching our USA Olympic Women's Gymnastics team win GOLD!) I made two so I could have one here and maybe take one to my mother's house for us to use when we visit! I had some thick cardstock I used to make the wheels - I think cardboard would be even better, but I'm using what I have (go Dave Ramsey!). I used the same self-laminating sheets and picked up a $1 pack of wooden clothespins at Dollar General today! I am really excited to work on colors with Jacob! He already identifies green and red - which he gets right most the time! We think he's learned the words from this learning table that talks and plays music he got from his cousins - and he gets green right pretty solid and red most the time - but he likes to call other colors red and green, too - because we get so excited when he points to something green and says "green" we think he likes the accolades! But, regardless, he's ready for Christmas ;-), so this should be really fun and a clear way to distinguish colors!

The wheels colored and laminated!

One wheel on a side where I used crayons with marker outline on the color and markers on the clothespins.

Side 2 - all marker.

All marker. 

I love finding little projects I can make at home that will be fun for learning and play with my little Bruffey loves!

Thank you Sarah! And Pinterest :-)

~ Mama Bruffey
Wife of One, Mother of Two


No comments:

Post a Comment