As Josh gets ready for work everyday around 11:30am, Jacob likes to help bring his Daddy his shoes or get his hat. Josh has some tricks for keeping cool and comfortable on the days he has to help his employees in the warehouse. One of those is that he'll cut the sleeve out of a t-shirt and put it around his head under his baseball cap to catch sweat. As he was getting ready today, Jacob signed/said, "Hat, too!" So Josh cut him a sleeve - adorable!! Love seeing my boy becoming a man and learning from his incredible Daddy! I know that God intends boys to have strong, godly male role models as they learn what it means to be a man and I am so grateful God brought Josh into my life so that our son has just such a man that he calls Daddy!
Once this was on his head, he carried himself like a proud, "wild at heart" little man!
Feeling tough like Daddy!
My boys!
Working to put it on himself!
As Josh came out with his sleeve on and carrying a hat, Jacob signed "Hat too?"... so off they went to get him a hat to wear like Daddy.
Then he REALLY walked around like he was a tough dude!
Daddy fixing his hat so he can see.
An awesome father/son moment!
This is a picture I took because it makes me smile! Jacob brought out his cars today (many from his Daddy when he was a boy)... the city map is one I bought when I was teaching and knew and hoped it would be something I would one day use with my own children - so seeing Jacob play with it and drive his cars on it just makes me so grateful to God for this life as a wife and Mama!
A verse I've long clung to when life was uncertain and that I look to now with the days that fill my heart with joy and those where I can't see where life is headed:
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths."
~ Proverbs 3: 5 - 6 (ESV)
Thank you Lord for guiding our path, even when it feels so very crooked and uncertain, I strive to trust you and know that you have a plan, even when I cannot see it.









This is a great post! One of the verses I clung to when I was raising my son (and daughter) was:
ReplyDeleteAll your sons will be taught by the LORD, and great will be your children's peace—Isaiah 54:13