We started blogging our life as best friends, husband and wife, in 2006 shortly after we got married. Once we had children, I created a new blog for our growing family. This is our blog sharing the story of our life: beginning with our first pregnancy and our journey as parents to our beloved firstborn, BB1, who arrived in our world perfectly on 11.5.2010 and his precious sister, BB2, born on 10.6.2012, our sweet third baby, BB3, born 2.3.2015, our 3rd vivacious daughter, BB6, born on 5.1.2018 and our 2nd living son and final Bruffey Baby, BB8, born 6.23.2021. We also love our 3 greatly missed babies in Heaven, BB4 (born in Heaven at 5 weeks 5 days on 10.8.2016) BB5 (born still at 16 weeks on 2.5.2017), and BB7 (born in Heaven at 7 weeks 3 days on 10.23.2019). I will share my stories of our family, of being a wife, a mother, a home manager, a friend, a woman, a Hope Mom, and a person pursuing hope in Christ through life and death, joy and pain. Welcome to our journey!

"Show me the path where I should walk, O LORD; point out the right road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you."
Psalm 24: 4 - 5

Thursday, August 30, 2012

A Mama and Her Girl!

I have enjoyed many of the little "girly" things as we prepare for Ruth Evelyn's arrival into our family. I keep thinking, "if this is not a girl... we will have some SERIOUS redecorating to do!" Josh and Maren just laugh at me when I say that... but you never know! Modern technology has been wrong! But if God blesses us with a boy and a brother for Jacob - he will be in our room for a long time while we redo his room and get some serious "guy" going on in there! For now, we are planning for a daughter and I'm loving the frills! One of the current "trends" is BOWS for babies. I LOVED wearing bows growing up and my twin sister and I had this great bow holder that our Grandfather made for us - it was a face of a blond little girl with blue eyes (we had blue eyes until we were 5 and they changed to hazel green) with long blond braids - and you clipped/tied the bows on the braids. My sweet Mama just gave us this great flower wall hanging for Ruth's room - I got creative and used a long ribbon to make Ruth a bow holder! We've been given several bows, headbands, etc. I've only ordered a few - 2 from a friend of mine who has the cutest Bowtique and 1 from a WAHM (Work at home Mom) whose business I found on Facebook. I've hung all the bows on the bow holder and can't wait to use them on the headbands we have with our little gal! The one from the WAHM (Graceful Girls - check out her beautiful work!) came today:



So then I had to add it to Ruth's bow holder:


Then, we had a playdate today with a dear interpreting friend, Christa, who is also Mama to 5 month old Ian. She brought a present for our little one! I was so touched! Christa is SUPER crafty and creative and a talented seamstress - so she made this gift herself!

A sparkly purple outfit for Ruth! I told Christa that Ruth's Aunt Beryl will LOVE this! She warned me that the skirt will shed glitter - and I don't mind a bit! She said it is roughly a 3 to 6 month size - PERFECT! And she did the rose embroidery on the onsie herself! Loving this outfit!

Christa also made us this outfit, which I LOVE! It is 18 month size and I can SO imagine a day where I'll look at our Ruth, hair everywhere (my dear friend Emily, Mama to Ava, has warned me that "girl hair is more of a challenge than boy hair!")... that I'll just put her in this! *WINK*


Last night, I pampered myself using part of an early birthday gift from my best friend, Maren - and gave myself a pedicure! I've been wanting to start doing my own nail art - because that is really the main reason I still think of going to salons - the fun flower I get on my big toes! Now, I am learning to do this myself! Not bad for a first try! And I think about my daughter and wonder if she'll like frills and bows and pedicures. If so, I can't wait to teach her and share the love of pretty things with her! And, if not, I look forward to knowing her and sharing her heart as she becomes the woman God has planned. More than anything, I want to teach her about beauty from God's perspective. But I do think sharing glittery, shiny, pretty things will be so fun for however long she enjoys it!


To my daughter: may you walk the path that God has laid for you, trusting in Jesus and Lord and Savior... to learn to love His creations and see the beauty He created in those around you!

Much love from your Mama!

~ Mama Bruffey
Wife of One, Mother of Two



No comments:

Post a Comment