OK - I am SO grateful for the awesome laminator a friend gave us recently after reading a blog post and feeling lead by God to gift this to us! I've fixed up my calendar system that I use with Jacob in the mornings to talk about today, yesterday, tomorrow, the weather, dates, etc. AND, I made a meal planning calendar that is reusable - thank you to Sarah Falk for her great ideas! I've been printing my monthly meal planning calendar on paper and saw her magnetic calendar at a playdate and was SO intrigued! She shared her idea and I've been wanting to make one. It is now finished, thanks to our laminator! I just need to get the hardware to hang it and find a spot in our little kitchen! Thank you again, Melanie, for the laminator! Josh cracks up at me looking for things to laminate! It doesn't take much looking - SO many Mama projects are better with a laminator - at least in my world!
Our Calendar System for Learning!
The calendar system!
I laminated all the days of the week, the weather cards, and all the dates and holiday cards!
Took a picture with flash to show how vibrant the colors are - I love this calendar!
All the cards for the system not in use! I needed more velcro squares, so Josh picked some up at Wal-Mart last night and I'll finish these today so it is ready for year round use!
After laminating, I went to town with velcro squares!
With lamination, I now feel the calendar is sturdier for use with my kiddos - Jacob already wants to hold the cards and put them on the calendar himself - so I know they'll hold up better with the strength lamination adds!
A Reusable Meal Planning Calendar
I am SO excited about this magnetic calendar!!
I'll use it near the end of one month to plan meals for the next month, and then make my monthly grocery shopping list from this so I can shop at the beginning of the month! Having the pieces be magnetic allows me to move things around so easily, see what options are when planning, and account for mid-month changes as needed!
I used a permanent marker to draw the grid lines of the calendar and to label the days of the week and our family name. Then, I used a dry erase marker for the dates of each day, the month, and the year!
Each main dish or side dish is made by printing on paper, laminating, cutting, and putting a piece of magnetic tape on the back! I printed out the main meals that we usually eat and fit in our budget and health needs.
The supplies! Scissors, magnetic tape, dry erase markers, and a permanent marker!
I love finding crafty home projects that contribute to our daily lives!
~ Mama Bruffey
Wife of One, Mother of Two







No comments:
Post a Comment