We started blogging our life as best friends, husband and wife, in 2006 shortly after we got married. Once we had children, I created a new blog for our growing family. This is our blog sharing the story of our life: beginning with our first pregnancy and our journey as parents to our beloved firstborn, BB1, who arrived in our world perfectly on 11.5.2010 and his precious sister, BB2, born on 10.6.2012, our sweet third baby, BB3, born 2.3.2015, our 3rd vivacious daughter, BB6, born on 5.1.2018 and our 2nd living son and final Bruffey Baby, BB8, born 6.23.2021. We also love our 3 greatly missed babies in Heaven, BB4 (born in Heaven at 5 weeks 5 days on 10.8.2016) BB5 (born still at 16 weeks on 2.5.2017), and BB7 (born in Heaven at 7 weeks 3 days on 10.23.2019). I will share my stories of our family, of being a wife, a mother, a home manager, a friend, a woman, a Hope Mom, and a person pursuing hope in Christ through life and death, joy and pain. Welcome to our journey!

"Show me the path where I should walk, O LORD; point out the right road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you."
Psalm 24: 4 - 5

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Some Jacob Updates: Pictures from my Phone

Doing a phone clean up today and have so many cute pictures of Jacob and our days together!

August 13
Sidewalk Chalk

He LOVES playing with sidewalk chalk! And its great for him to work on his growing list of colors!

Drawing a picture

Looking at the window where Kylee is BEGGING to come out!

"No doggie 'side" 
(Kylee wanted to come out, but we were out front so it wasn't a safe idea)

August 15
My creative boy at dinner

When he was done with his dinner, he dumped his green beans into his bowl of turkey pasta....

....then covered it with his napkin and said/signed "ALL DONE!"

August 16
My silly, fun boy!

He had a snack that is rare - chocolate yogurt covered cherries from a friend - before we could wash his face, he was off running (to my couch - yay for a chocolate brown couch!) with his bumble bee washcloth - it was hysterical!

I'm gonna hide right here, Mama!


Cars from Daddy!

We went to the mechanic today and they have some old model cars they let Jacob play with. It reminded Josh of his matchbox cars (and some bigger ones) that we boxed up from his Mother's before Jacob was born. I got them out before lunch and Jacob was in love! I let him bring a couple to dinner (until he dipped the black van into ketchup and licked it off - EWWW!)

As I was making a grilled cheese sandwich for Josh, I hear behind me, "God...(babble, babble)...car... (babble, babble)... 'men!" (I turn around and he's praying! He's done this a few times where it's mostly "God" and then unintelligible speech until he says "amen!" but lately his words are getting more and more clear... and his use of the word "car" was unmistakable... I grabbed my phone as he continued to pray and snapped a picture before the final "AMEN!" I love to see God's work in the life of my son and I pray and believe his heart will one day be opened to the truth of Jesus and his need for the Savior!

After dinner, he crawled around playing with his "new" cars... and loves getting in this tight little space under our table! The picture isn't clear, but the look on his face was priceless! So proud of himself!

I love being a Mama and the honor of being the steward of the life of this boy-becoming-a-man! You make my heart smile, Jacob Parish Bruffey!

~ Mama Bruffey
Wife of One, Mother of Two

No comments:

Post a Comment