After a great day of play and fun with my little buddy, I had an exciting night planned for me and BB2! During my and Jacob's nap time today, a package arrived I'd been eagerly awaiting - the allergy cover for Ruth's crib mattress and closet dividers for her room! I know - something to excite only a Mama! I put the cover in to wash immediately and once it was dry, I knew I'd spend the evening getting her bed made! We will have her in our room in a co-sleeper (gifted from a dear Baylor friend!) for several months (we'll see however long as God so leads - I love having my babies close!), which we did with Jacob, but just like with Jacob, I love having a room that is all organized and decorated for my new little one that we use for play time, diaper changes, clothes, some naps, and just welcoming them into our little family! I get to be creative with decorating and create a space that allows me to organize all of my little one's things.
Here's Ruth's room a few steps closer to her arrival!
I plan to hang the hearts on the wall when big brother Jacob isn't asleep in the next room.
I love the beautiful bed skirt!
Her lamp in progress - base and shade painted. I just need to do accent painting on the shade and add some ribbon!
Closet Dividers! PINK!
These make putting clothes away so much easier!
We have clothes up to 12 month size so far (although, just the one outfit from Grandmother in 12 month, but it's a great start!) - so blessed!
Love her closet - so organized and ready for HER!
And, just as important is her room is the ROOM we are making for her with Mama and Daddy. My friend and former Baylor roommate, Caroline (mother of 2) gifted this great arms' reach co-sleeper to us that will snuggle next to my side of our bed!
And, for a little self-pampering, I busted out my pedicure tools and my OPI Polish and gave myself a pedicure. Looks really good - especially with my 32 week pregnant baby belly! LOVE me some pretty red toes! These pictures show my summer tan line - guess I wear the same sandals prettttty often, haha!
32 Weeks... it's just incredible considering where we were at 4 1/2 weeks through 24 weeks. I am so grateful to our Lord for the humbling blessing of this little life and we cannot wait to have her in our arms!
~ Mama Bruffey
Wife of One, Mother of Two












No comments:
Post a Comment