Today we had our bi-monthly prenatal appointment with our midwife, Joni Yankus, at All About Babies Birth Center. It was great! My weight gain has been great this pregnancy, especially the 2nd and 3rd trimesters once I got past morning sickness and "feeding my nausea" (which involved a lot of carbs!) and am doing high protein and low/no carbs! I feel great and am still wearing all my own shoes! Mild swelling in my lower calves that goes away overnight, and my hands are wanting to be a bit swollen, but with temperatures over 100 degrees here in Texas, they might do that anyway! I'm still wearing my wedding band, so that feels great! I've only put on a total of 21 lbs so far this pregnancy! With only 10 weeks to go (or so!), and only a 0.6lb gain since my last appointment 2 weeks ago, I'm pleased! Jacob has a great time at our appointments because of the wonderful toys in Joni's office! It makes it SO nice going to a prenatal appointment with a toddler! There's just something special about midwifery care!
Speaking of midwives: I've been reading "Ina May's Guide to Childbirth" - AMAZING book that is so encouraging! I have pages earmarked to read during labor! A book I wish I'd read 3 years ago before we had Jacob's pregnancy/labor/delivery! I am so grateful for the resources that have been brought into our life this pregnancy - from our midwife, to our awesome doula, our birth photographer, and our awesome childbirth class and instructor!
Ruth Evelyn's heartbeat was 136 this appointment! It ALWAYS sounds amazing to hear! My iron was a bit low (10.6 - preferred is 11), so am starting a supplement to boost that plus taking chlorophyll. I decided to take some belly pics today since I don't know what tomorrow holds - these would be pretty similar from today to tomorrow, so these are my "30 week" belly progress pictures!
I love feeling this baby move and knowing that each day draws us closer to seeing her, meeting her, holding her, and loving her as part of our family! I am humbled to be a wife and mother and love my precious family so very much!
~ Mama Bruffey
Wife of One, Mother of Two





I had Ina Mays book but never got around to reading it for Elijah. I thibk it's the only one I DIDNT read. I look forward to reading it for the next baby!
ReplyDelete