We started blogging our life as best friends, husband and wife, in 2006 shortly after we got married. Once we had children, I created a new blog for our growing family. This is our blog sharing the story of our life: beginning with our first pregnancy and our journey as parents to our beloved firstborn, BB1, who arrived in our world perfectly on 11.5.2010 and his precious sister, BB2, born on 10.6.2012, our sweet third baby, BB3, born 2.3.2015, our 3rd vivacious daughter, BB6, born on 5.1.2018 and our 2nd living son and final Bruffey Baby, BB8, born 6.23.2021. We also love our 3 greatly missed babies in Heaven, BB4 (born in Heaven at 5 weeks 5 days on 10.8.2016) BB5 (born still at 16 weeks on 2.5.2017), and BB7 (born in Heaven at 7 weeks 3 days on 10.23.2019). I will share my stories of our family, of being a wife, a mother, a home manager, a friend, a woman, a Hope Mom, and a person pursuing hope in Christ through life and death, joy and pain. Welcome to our journey!

"Show me the path where I should walk, O LORD; point out the right road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you."
Psalm 24: 4 - 5

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Sometimes a Picture Takes My Breath Away...

I am going through the maternity/family photoshoot pictures from our shoot with my amazing sister-in-law, Cheryl, that we had while in Nashville last week. Working with pictures is such an invigorating, peaceful, refreshing thing for me - I just love how pictures and graphic images can express and portray life! It takes me a while sometimes to work with pictures because I get so lost in each one! One pose that Cheryl had Josh do with Jacob was a reenactment of a pose from Jacob's newborn photoshoot (also with Cheryl behind the camera in 2010!). When I looked at the picture from November 2010 with our little newborn boy and the one from last week with our almost-20 month old, it just overwhelmed me with how fast this year and a half have gone, how much I love this boy, how even deeper my love for my husband is when I see him as father and daddy... from the very beginning, he has been a teammate, a helper in this journey of parenthood - from the day we learned we were pregnant until now! He helps, he leads, and he invests time and attention in our family, in me, in our son! So I had to create a graphical way to portray what I was feeling and thinking...

*Click picture to see larger image*

When I look at life, with it's ups, downs, joys, sorrows, conflict, pain, confusion, rejection, successes, failures, friendships, losses, and gains... I can find myself a mix of heartache and fear because SO much is unknown. Yet, God is always constant and KNOWN and this gives me peace. And, on this earth, He has given me these 2 amazing people - my husband (a man of strength, friendship, integrity, love and faith) and my son (a wild-at-heart man-in-the-making with zeal for life, a love of laughter, and energy beyond what I've ever seen)... and they are my tangible evidences of God's goodness and grace! With our little girl on the way, my heart just overflows. But tonight, with my daughter safely growing in my womb, I look at this picture of my 2 men and am content. We have had an amazing year and a half, the 3 of us! I am SO very grateful for how much of it has been captured on film for reflection! I love you, my 2 JPB's! I am humbled and grateful to be your wife and mother!

Here's to the adventure ahead!

~ Mama Bruffey
Wife of One, Mother of Two

No comments:

Post a Comment