Josh surprised Jacob and me by taking a day off so we could have a family day at home! It was WONDERFUL! We took Jacob swimming at our community pool and I got to swim some laps for me and baby Ruth. I absolutely LOVE being in the water, so it was such a joy and ideal way to spend part of our day together! We walked from home to the pool and back - so some great exercise for our little family. Then, we had lunch together and Jacob took a 3 hour nap! Swimming and summer sun wore him out. Josh and I ended up tackling several of our home projects we've been wanting to do - Josh got our garage looking so nice and much more organized inside! We got several boxes that we hope to eventually get in the attic organized in the garage and out of our dining area. I cleaned our guest bathroom, finishing most of my weekly cleaning and did all of our laundry, including linens! I also caught up on the clothes we have for Ruth so far! My best friend's sister-in-law just had a beautiful baby girl 3 weeks ago, and passed along a box full of clothes she had been given that she won't be using. Josh and I went through those and washed all of them plus the ones my friend Kelly gave me. They are now all hanging in Ruth's closet! Josh mowed the front lawn and then taught me how to use our electric hedge trimmer and I went to town trimming our front bushes and tree - it looks SO much better! It feels like we worked from dawn to dusk, but it was a great day together! And I always have such a sense of accomplishment when our house is in better order, laundry is done, and things are clean. I look forward to the weekend and hate to see Josh head to work tomorrow, though we are so very grateful for his job - but a whole day together has done wonders for us both! I just love time with my husband and us together as a family!
We got to the pool just as a 15-minute break time was starting, so we hung by the pool.
Jacob likes to people watch and take in the sites!
My boy in his awesome swim outfit!
He took his hat off at one point. Then, he noticed a family next to us - a father and 3 of his sons. He was mesmerized! He SO wants to be like the "big boys" he sees! We ended up meeting this family - new to our neighborhood - and we hope to get together with them soon! The wife is pregnant with their 7th child and has had all natural births for the other 6! I have GREAT admiration for her!
Jacob noticed the boys were moving chairs around as they played and waited... so he put his hat back on...
....and started moving his stroller back and forth just like the boys were doing with the chairs!
Yep - he was imitating what the older boys were doing. Made us smile! He is our "wild at heart" little man!
After break, we hit the water and our day was just perfect!
~ Mama Bruffey
Wife of One, Mother of Two







No comments:
Post a Comment