We started blogging our life as best friends, husband and wife, in 2006 shortly after we got married. Once we had children, I created a new blog for our growing family. This is our blog sharing the story of our life: beginning with our first pregnancy and our journey as parents to our beloved firstborn, BB1, who arrived in our world perfectly on 11.5.2010 and his precious sister, BB2, born on 10.6.2012, our sweet third baby, BB3, born 2.3.2015, our 3rd vivacious daughter, BB6, born on 5.1.2018 and our 2nd living son and final Bruffey Baby, BB8, born 6.23.2021. We also love our 3 greatly missed babies in Heaven, BB4 (born in Heaven at 5 weeks 5 days on 10.8.2016) BB5 (born still at 16 weeks on 2.5.2017), and BB7 (born in Heaven at 7 weeks 3 days on 10.23.2019). I will share my stories of our family, of being a wife, a mother, a home manager, a friend, a woman, a Hope Mom, and a person pursuing hope in Christ through life and death, joy and pain. Welcome to our journey!

"Show me the path where I should walk, O LORD; point out the right road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you."
Psalm 24: 4 - 5

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Jacob Swimming at Home - Summer 2012

We bought Jacob the cutest kiddie pool last summer that we used from early June - and FINALLY got it blown up and started using it today - mid-July! Josh said that, with how big Jacob is now, we'll need something bigger next summer and little Ruth will get this cute, little pool. Jacob sees a pool and says/signs "BATH!" He LOVES this bath! After we went back inside and were all dry he kept saying/signing, "MORE BATH!?" I can't believe how much he's grown in a year! He seems to FILL the pool this year and yet looked so tiny in it last year. I just love my son and the blessing of being his Mama! I was having one of those "feeling lonely" days - really ever since we got back from Nashville... so, today, we got up and the four of us (Josh, Jacob, me and Baby Ruth) took a walk, got home and blew up the swimming pool and a big exercise ball for me to use for birth class and Jacob to play with, then I was able to talk with 2 good friends - one Gallaudet suitemate on Skype and my Baylor roommate, then I cleaned the shower in our master bath (FINALLY) while Jacob took a 3 1/2 hour nap! Then, it was swimming time! Just had to put my mind to it and it became a productive, great day with me and my boy!

Jacob in his pool on our blue porch June 7, 2001 (7 months old)

Jacob in his pool on our awesome, repainted porch July 12, 2012 (20 months old)


Getting used to the pool

What IS all this?

Hmmm... this is A LOT like my bath - but more fun!

My precious boy!

Love the water shoes from Grandmother Parish!

Mama loves this face!

My Jacob - boy becoming man!

Great bucket from Auntie Kay!

Hmmmm... what can I do with this?


Splash!


Dump!

Yay!

I'm SO gonna throw this in the yard!

Throwing these too!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

I LOVE to splash BIG!

Whoa! Water all in my face! Not so bad!


I am having a blast, Mama!

My BIG boy in his little pool!


I love you buddy and our days together!

~ Mama Bruffey
Wife of One, Mother of Two

No comments:

Post a Comment