My Story
I am white. I am hearing. I am American. I am middle class. I have privilege. And I want to know myself and my world and my fellow humans better so I can be better and do better and better yield the privileges I was born into. I have learned much from the Deaf Community both here in the States and Internationally. And there is much I want to learn from other people around me, especially Black friends, who are oppressed, unheard, mistreated, abused, and even murdered for just being who they are, who God created them to be.
I took a lengthy break from using our family blog due to various familial issues where I needed to pull inward. Then, after our son died in 2017 and was stillborn, it has been a grief journey that included a pregnancy after loss (which is its own challenge) and me living life in something of a tunnel. As my youngest child on earth neared 2 years old and my family connected with a local homeschool co-op, I found the Lord gently leading me out of that tunnel to better reconnect with the world outside my 4 walls. The timing seems divinely planned. We joined a local homeschool co-op, revamped our homeschool , settled on a name, I began baking and cooking like "me" again, I even began cleaning up my beauty products and cleaning products, and in May 2019 I took back on our finances and began our debt free journey with renewed vigor, etc. Then, came March 2020 and the Coronavirus pandemic. And then, in May 2020, more police brutality reaching a peak with the reprehensible murder of George Floyd at the hands (and knees) of a policeman in uniform who did anything BUT "protect and serve". I'll resist pulling out my soap box about our criminal injustice system and my belief that it needs to be completely dismantled and rebuilt to truly be an entity that serves ALL citizens. That said, my heart has been heavy and my mind reeling. I know Mr. Floyd is FAR from the first Black man/American murdered by police... I have wept and wrestled with the reality of the oppression of my fellow Americans whose skin doesn't look like mine for years. But now that I've emerged from my own tunnel of grief and uncertainty, I want to be more vocal, more active, more a part of the solution so my children and children of color have a different and better future.
![]() |
Click to go to the offical Black Lives Matter website. |
As A Mother - For The Children's Sake
Thus far, I've worked within our home to teach my children about the history of racism in our nation and world and diversify our bookshelves and history (that teaches the history of all people from as many perspectivs as possible). I've reached out to friends of color to do better at decolonizing our bookshelves. And these dear friends, who carry this burden daily in a way I never have and never will because I am white, have been graciously willing to share other tips and ways to be an active part of the solution to racism in America and in our world. My first goal is to raise my children to be racially aware. That is the foundation of my action because I see that racism is taught and starts with the heart.
As An Individual
Beyond that, there are ways I have been learning lately that I can be involved as a supporter and advocate. Over the years, through God teaching me through friends of color and my studies at Gallaudet about issues of power, oppression, privilege, and humanity... I've grown to see more and more what it means to be white and what it SHOULD mean... that ALL spaces belong to ALL people and that there is white privilege and there is oppression of people of color. I grew up knowing about the mistreatment of people whose skin did not look like mine and my parents taught me to love all people because God made and loves all people. However, there has been so much more that I needed to learn. And still, even with years of study and discussions with white friends and friends of color, I want to be a life long learner - if in no other area - in the area of humanity and God's view of our place in this world - Jesus WAS a social justice warrior. To be like Christ IS to fight for the rights of all. To start with looking inward and then look outward with more awareness. I don't have it all nailed down, but I'm committed to listening. And learning. The Deaf community taught me that I am hearing and has taught me what that means in Deaf spaces and how to respect their culture and pursue being supportive and using hearing privilege when needed to advocate with those who are Deaf whose rights and humanity are trampled more often than not. And in learning about Deaf/hearing issues... my Deaf Studies program brought in issues of race, class, gender, etc. I am thankful. Thankful to be challenged so that ultimately I and my husband and children can be a part of making this world better for all. I've wrestled with what I can or SHOULD do because of a phrase and movement I learned within the Deaf community - "nothing about us without us." Because - within the Deaf community, there is a long history of paternalism and oppression and people doing things "for" Deaf people that made it worse and not better. And I want to avoid the very problematic "white savior" approach of well-meaning but misguided white people who make things worse or focus on themselves. This uncertainty admittedly lead me to simply go silent and still. But with Mr Floyd's murder, God has kicked my heart into action and into ASKING from people of color who I care about... I've read the posts and articles flying up my newsfeed from friends of color who are hurting and scared and strong and show hope and offer tangible ways to be a part of the solution.
Eyes, Ears, Heart, and Mind
The first thing I've learned from the Deaf Community and now the Black Community is those of us from priviledge communities who are born into having more power... should start with listening - with our eyes, with our ears, with our heart. I've long told my children what active listening means and taught them that true listening means listening with their "eyes, ears, heart, and mind." That's my goal and desire - to LISTEN. And one of those ways I've read that I, as a white person, should listen is NOT by putting pressure or a burden on those already carrying the burden of racial targeting and oppression... but rather to READ resources that are already out there. So friends have shared resources for me and my children and I am passing those along here.
For Children
Thank you to my dear friend and fellow interpreter, Folami Ford, for these resources:
Books from this post:
- Let's Talk about Race by Julius Lester
- Lakas and the Makibaka Hotel by Anthony Robles
- Marisol McDonald Doesn't Match by Monica Brown and Sara Palacios
Also from this site Raising Race Conscious Children, I love this article about the book by Eric Carle "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?" regarding explicitly naming race. It is a favorite book in our home and I plan to utilize the recommendations from this site in reading it to my children.
Also from Raising Race Conscious Children (THANK YOU Folami for this site!!) - an excellent read on talking with your white children about race in an on-going way to raise them to be anti-racist and supporters and participants in the movements to stand against racism and white supremacy.
Thank you to my friend and fellow homeschooling mama, Tara Green, for these resources:
- 30 Awesome Pictures Books Uplifting Black Kids with Natural Hair
- Ten Fingers Ten Toes by Yolanda McElroy
- 31 Beautiful African American Story Books for Kids
- 33 More Children's Books for Black Girls and Boys
- 18 Children's Books Featuring Children of Color
- Top 13 Books That Feature Biracial Children
- 10 Best Books for Multiracial Families
This is a list from a church member at our church here, LaRonda Jackson:
This is the first book in a series I found at the beginning of this year and am having my oldest daugther (age 7.5) read:
- Make Way for Dyamonde Daniel by Nikki Grimes
UPDATE: June 19, 2020 - In searching YouTube for Juneteenth resources for my children, I happened upon this YouTube Channel by The Tutu Teacher - after watching her excellent video on race with my children, I was reading in her bio and made my way to her Teacher's Pay Teachers page and bought this Diverse Book List resource that she has compiled!
For Adults
This is a post on Facebook I am drawing on from my dear friend (and sister!), Colette Correa. Colette and I met as international students in Hong Kong in Fall 1998 - we are kindred spirits and became prayer partners and friends. She is a strong woman of faith who challenges and encourages me. I hope she will leave this post up so that it is always available.
Books:
- “𝗕𝗲 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗕𝗿𝗶𝗱𝗴𝗲: 𝗣𝘂𝗿𝘀𝘂𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗚𝗼𝗱’𝘀 𝗛𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗥𝗮𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝗥𝗲𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗰𝗶𝗹𝗶𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻” by Latasha Morrison
- “𝗔𝗻 𝗜𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗴𝗲𝗻𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝗣𝗲𝗼𝗽𝗹𝗲𝘀’ 𝗛𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗨𝗻𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗦𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗲𝘀: 𝗥𝗲𝘃𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗔𝗺𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗛𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆” by Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz
- “𝗔𝗻 𝗔𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗔𝗺𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗟𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗻𝘅 𝗛𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗨𝗻𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗦𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗲𝘀” by Paul Ortiz
- “𝗔 𝗕𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗪𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗻’𝘀 𝗛𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗨𝗻𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗦𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗲𝘀” by Daina Ramey Berry, Kali Nicole Gross
- “𝗪𝗵𝗶𝘁𝗲 𝗙𝗿𝗮𝗴𝗶𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘆: 𝗪𝗵𝘆 𝗜𝘁’𝘀 𝘀𝗼 𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗪𝗵𝗶𝘁𝗲 𝗣𝗲𝗼𝗽𝗹𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗧𝗮𝗹𝗸 𝗔𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗥𝗮𝗰𝗶𝘀𝗺” by Robin DiAngelo
- “𝗜’𝗺 𝗦𝘁𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗛𝗲𝗿𝗲: 𝗕𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗗𝗶𝗴𝗻𝗶𝘁𝘆 𝗶𝗻 𝗮 𝗪𝗼𝗿𝗹𝗱 𝗠𝗮𝗱𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗪𝗵𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀” by Austin Channing Brown
- “𝗪𝗵𝘆 𝗜’𝗺 𝗡𝗼 𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗮𝗹𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗼 𝗪𝗵𝗶𝘁𝗲 𝗣𝗲𝗼𝗽𝗹𝗲 𝗔𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗥𝗮𝗰𝗲” by Reni Eddo-Lodge
- “𝗦𝗼 𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝗪𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗧𝗮𝗹𝗸 𝗔𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗥𝗮𝗰𝗲” by Ijeoma Oluo
- “𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗖𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗿 𝗼𝗳 𝗖𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗶𝘀𝗲: 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗧𝗿𝘂𝘁𝗵 𝗔𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗔𝗺𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗖𝗵𝘂𝗿𝗰𝗵’𝘀 𝗖𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗶𝘁𝘆 𝗶𝗻 𝗥𝗮𝗰𝗶𝘀𝗺” by Jemar Tisby
- “𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗡𝗲𝘄 𝗝𝗶𝗺 𝗖𝗿𝗼𝘄: 𝗠𝗮𝘀𝘀 𝗜𝗻𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗰𝗲𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗔𝗴𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗖𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗿𝗯𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗱𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀” by Michelle Alexander
- "𝗦𝘁𝗮𝗺𝗽𝗲𝗱 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗕𝗲𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴: 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗗𝗲𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗶𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝗛𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝗼𝗳 𝗥𝗮𝗰𝗶𝘀𝘁 𝗜𝗱𝗲𝗮𝘀 𝗶𝗻 𝗔𝗺𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗰𝗮” by Ibram X. Kendi
- “𝗪𝗵𝗶𝘁𝗲 𝗔𝘄𝗮𝗸𝗲: 𝗔𝗻 𝗛𝗼𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗟𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝗮𝘁 𝗪𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗜𝘁 𝗠𝗲𝗮𝗻𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗕𝗲 𝗪𝗵𝗶𝘁𝗲” by Daniel Hill
- “𝗕𝗶𝗮𝘀𝗲𝗱: 𝗨𝗻𝗰𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗛𝗶𝗱𝗱𝗲𝗻 𝗣𝗿𝗲𝗷𝘂𝗱𝗶𝗰𝗲 𝗧𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗦𝗵𝗮𝗽𝗲𝘀 𝗪𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗪𝗲 𝗦𝗲𝗲, 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗸, 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗗𝗼“ by Jennifer L. Eberhardt
- “𝗪𝗵𝗶𝘁𝗲 𝗥𝗮𝗴𝗲: 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗨𝗻𝘀𝗽𝗼𝗸𝗲𝗻 𝗧𝗿𝘂𝘁𝗵 𝗼𝗳 𝗢𝘂𝗿 𝗥𝗮𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝗗𝗶𝘃𝗶𝗱𝗲” by Carol Anderson
- “𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗼 𝗕𝗲 𝗮𝗻 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗿𝗮𝗰𝗶𝘀𝘁” by Ibram X. Kendi
- “𝗠𝗲𝗱𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗹 𝗔𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗶𝗱: 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗗𝗮𝗿𝗸 𝗛𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝗼𝗳 𝗠𝗲𝗱𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗹 𝗘𝘅𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗼𝗻 𝗕𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗔𝗺𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗻𝘀 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗖𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝗧𝗶𝗺𝗲𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗣𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗲𝗻𝘁” Harriet A. Washington
- “𝗨𝗻𝗲𝘅𝗮𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗲𝗱 𝗖𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗮𝗴𝗲: 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗕𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗼𝗳 𝗦𝗴𝘁. 𝗜𝘀𝗮𝗮𝗰 𝗪𝗼𝗼𝗱𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗔𝘄𝗮𝗸𝗲𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗼𝗳 𝗣𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗿𝘆 𝗦. 𝗧𝗿𝘂𝗺𝗮𝗻 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗝𝘂𝗱𝗴𝗲 𝗝. 𝗪𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗲𝘀𝗪𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴” by Richard Gergel
- “𝗗𝗶𝘃𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗱 𝗕𝘆 𝗙𝗮𝗶𝘁𝗵: 𝗘𝘃𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗹 𝗥𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗴𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗯𝗹𝗲𝗺 𝗼𝗳 𝗥𝗮𝗰𝗲 𝗶𝗻 𝗔𝗺𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗰𝗮” by Michael O. Emerson and Christian Smith
- “𝗔𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗔𝗺𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗛𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆: 𝗔 𝗖𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗚𝘂𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗣𝗲𝗼𝗽𝗹𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗘𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗦𝗵𝗮𝗽𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗛𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗨𝗻𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗦𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗲𝘀” by Captivating History
- “𝗡𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗟𝗶𝗳𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗙𝗿𝗲𝗱𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗰𝗸 𝗗𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀” by Frederick Douglass
- “𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗦𝗼𝘂𝗹𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝗕𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗙𝗼𝗹𝗸” by W. E. B. Du Bois
- “𝗨𝗽 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗦𝗹𝗮𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆” by Booker T. Washington
- “𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗖𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗿 𝗼𝗳 𝗟𝗮𝘄: 𝗔 𝗙𝗼𝗿𝗴𝗼𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗻 𝗛𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝗼𝗳 𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝗢𝘂𝗿 𝗚𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿𝗻𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗦𝗲𝗴𝗿𝗲𝗴𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗔𝗺𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗰𝗮” by Richard Rothstein
- “𝗪𝗲 𝗔𝗿𝗲 𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝗬𝗲𝘁 𝗘𝗾𝘂𝗮𝗹: 𝗨𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗢𝘂𝗿 𝗥𝗮𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝗗𝗶𝘃𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝗯𝘆 𝗖𝗮𝗿𝗼𝗹 𝗔𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗼𝗻” by Carol Anderson
- “𝗛𝗲𝗮𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗥𝗮𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝗧𝗿𝗮𝘂𝗺𝗮: 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗥𝗼𝗮𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗥𝗲𝘀𝗶𝗹𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗰𝗲” by Sheila Wise Rowe
- “𝗝𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗠𝗲𝗿𝗰𝘆: 𝗔 𝗦𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝗼𝗳 𝗝𝘂𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗰𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗥𝗲𝗱𝗲𝗺𝗽𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻” by Bryan Stevenson
- “𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗦𝘂𝗻 𝗗𝗼𝗲𝘀 𝗦𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗲: 𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝗜 𝗙𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱 𝗟𝗶𝗳𝗲, 𝗙𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗱𝗼𝗺 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗝𝘂𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗰𝗲” by Anthony Hinton
- “𝗕𝗼𝗿𝗻 𝗮 𝗖𝗿𝗶𝗺𝗲: 𝗦𝘁𝗼𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗮 𝗦𝗼𝘂𝘁𝗵 𝗔𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗖𝗵𝗶𝗹𝗱𝗵𝗼𝗼𝗱” by Trevor Noah
Books I have found in searching online:
Movies/Documenteries:
1. “𝟭𝟯𝘁𝗵” Directed by Ava DuVernay (on YouTube)
2. “𝗪𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗧𝗵𝗲𝘆 𝗦𝗲𝗲 𝗨𝘀” Directed by Ava DuVernay (on Netflix)
3. “𝗥𝗮𝗰𝗲: 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗣𝗼𝘄𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗳 𝗮𝗻 𝗜𝗹𝗹𝘂𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻” Directed by Christine Herbes-Sommers, Tracy Heather Strain and Llewellyn Smith (More Resources) (on YouTube)
4. “𝗧𝗜𝗠𝗘: 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗞𝗮𝗹𝗶𝗲𝗳 𝗕𝗿𝗼𝘄𝗱𝗲𝗿” Directed by Jenner Furst (on Netflix)
5. "𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗔𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗔𝗺𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗻𝘀 𝗠𝗮𝗻𝘆 𝗥𝗶𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗖𝗿𝗼𝘀𝘀” (on PBS)
Actions to Take:
This is a fabulous list of things to DO shared from a local fellow homeschooling mom (and business owner!), Shayla Dabney. She is a mom I look up to in terms of how she cares for her family (of 9!) - I always wanted a big family and she is something of a hero to me - a loving mother of 7 children who is committed to God and her marriage and loving those around her. I've been blessed to know her and thankful for her sharing this list and her own heart as a woman and mother of color.
This is from Pastor John M. Yeats:
Film: American Gospel (also on Netflix)
8 Things my White Friends Can do About Racism by Theo Davis (found shared from a friend on Facebook)
Finally, for now, one of the things my husband and I have talked about and I've sought to LISTEN to is the perspectives that reframe the occurrence of riots and protests and even looting and destruction... a people long oppressed and abused... it makes so much sense to me why these actions are taken. Thank you to those who shared this article.
My heart is to do right by People of Color in listening and learning. I am open to feedback and instruction where my words fail or misrepresent or need to be improved or corrected. If you are a Person of Color and need to share your heart or offer feedback, please feel free to email me at elizabethparishbruffey@gmail.com so I can continue to learn and guide my children best in this world.
To my brothers and sisters in Christ - we cannot bury our heads or remain silent. As I've read and been listening, I see People of Coloring virtually begging us to STAND UP and SPEAK UP. And saying that this starts with listening and reading and walking WITH our brothers and sisters of color. Let's join together so things DO CHANGE - starting at the heart and mind level and blooming out so that society and the world becomes different, and safer, for all.
"learn to do good; seek justice, correct oppression; bring justice to the fatherless, plead the widow's cause"
~ Isaiah 1:17
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~ Micah 6:8
"But woe to you Pharisees! For you tithe mint and rue and every herb, and neglect justice and the love of God. These you ought to have done, without neglecting the others."
~ Luke 11:42



No comments:
Post a Comment