Over our almost-6 years of home educating, I have pondered and contemplated a name for our home school. For a while, we went with Bruffey Academy of Exploration, but that got a bit cumbersome for my little Bruffey Explorers. Then we just went with Bruffey Academy for a hot minute, but that was just not "us" to me. Finally, it hit me... much like when I was planning our wedding in 2006. Claddagh. It has been a symbol that represents both my heritage and my faith since I was a young girl. When we were planning our wedding after our engagement in November 2015, things became more complicated than I expected (as wedding planning is want to do) and, some time around January 2006, I took a break... from discussing the wedding with anyone. I just turned inward and began to pray and think about what a wedding meant to me and my fiancé. We talked and discussed our hopes and dreams for the day of our covenant. That is when it hit me - Claddagh. I had long worn a Claddagh ring and we decided that it was the perfect symbol to represent US - our God as our leader (crown) and our hands joined in unity as our hearts became one under the headship of Christ. Once that symbol came to my heart and mind, our wedding planning really took off and things fell beautifully into place. Recently, as our home schooling has continued to evolve and grow, the same symbol came to my heart and mind. It has continue to be an integral part of our family these past 13.5 years and it struck me - it SHOULD b in the name of our homeschool. And thus, Bruffey Claddagh Academy was born! I'm excited to see where the Lord continues to guide our home educating family and this unique journey we are on... and I love the name that I believe He gave us after years of considering what best fit US.
This is US.

No comments:
Post a Comment