We started blogging our life as best friends, husband and wife, in 2006 shortly after we got married. Once we had children, I created a new blog for our growing family. This is our blog sharing the story of our life: beginning with our first pregnancy and our journey as parents to our beloved firstborn, BB1, who arrived in our world perfectly on 11.5.2010 and his precious sister, BB2, born on 10.6.2012, our sweet third baby, BB3, born 2.3.2015, our 3rd vivacious daughter, BB6, born on 5.1.2018 and our 2nd living son and final Bruffey Baby, BB8, born 6.23.2021. We also love our 3 greatly missed babies in Heaven, BB4 (born in Heaven at 5 weeks 5 days on 10.8.2016) BB5 (born still at 16 weeks on 2.5.2017), and BB7 (born in Heaven at 7 weeks 3 days on 10.23.2019). I will share my stories of our family, of being a wife, a mother, a home manager, a friend, a woman, a Hope Mom, and a person pursuing hope in Christ through life and death, joy and pain. Welcome to our journey!

"Show me the path where I should walk, O LORD; point out the right road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you."
Psalm 24: 4 - 5

Saturday, May 30, 2020

Bruffey Claddagh Academy: Gather 'Round Homeschool - Unit 9 - Human Body

I am excited about the next chapter of our home educating journey! In 2 days we start our next school term - this time it will be 7 weeks. The foundation of our lessons is now Gather 'Round Homeschool. This time, we will be doing the unit study on the Human Body!

This is the lesson plan I created for the Unit Study. 


I love our little corner that has manipulatives and books!


These posters are such a beneficial and beautiful addition to the lesson!

We also are starting our second Bible study from Not Consumed - called "Fruit of the Tongue". We finished their Bible study on sibling relationships, called "My Brother's Keeper", and it was excellent and has gien me many tools in guiding my children in their relationships. This ministry has so many Bible studies that, after such a good experience, we plan to use. 



I use this buffet next to our dining table for our daily foundation basket and a few other resources.

Ready for a new school term! 

I ordered the Teacher's Guide to be printed through Barnes & Noble Press.

My older 3 children each have a school 3-ring binder. They have tabs for the majority of their lessons and this approach has been really effective for us.

One day's lesson plans!


Right now, I just cannot post about our home without talking about what is happening in our world. The murder of George Floyd, a Black man, at the hands (and knees) of a brutal murderer who happened to wear a police uniform and claim to "protect and serve", but who did anything but. Over the years, through God teaching me through friends of color and my studies at Gallaudet about issues of power, oppression, privilege, and humanity... I've grown to see more and more what it means to be white and what it SHOULD mean... that ALL spaces belong to ALL people and that there is white privilege and there is oppression of people of color. I grew up knowing about the mistreatment of people whose skin did not look like mine and my parents taught me to love all people because God made and loves all people. However, there has been so much more that I needed to learn. And still, even with years of study and discussions with white friends and friends of color, I want to be a life long learner - if in no other area - in the area of humanity and God's view of our place in this world - Jesus WAS a social justice warrior. To be like Christ IS to fight for the rights of all. To start with looking inward and then look outward with more awareness. I don't have it all nailed down, but I'm committed to listening. And learning. The Deaf community taught me that I am hearing and has taught me what that means in Deaf spaces and how to respect their culture and pursue being supportive and using hearing privilege when needed to advocate with those who are Deaf whose rights and humanity are trampled more often than not. And in learning about Deaf/hearing issues... my Deaf Studies program brought in issues of race, class, gender, etc.  I am thankful. Thankful to be challenged so that ultimately I and my husband and children can be a part of making this world better for all. 

Thank you to my dear friend and fellow interpreter, Folami Ford, for these resources: 

Thank you to my friend and fellow homeschooling mama, Tara Green, for these resources:








This is the first book in a series I found at the beginning of this year and am having my oldest daugther (age 7.5) read:


I cannot wait to get started! And am so very thankful and humbled for God's provision for our family and the opportunity to walk this journey of home education together.


No comments:

Post a Comment