A special gift from my beloved
My husband has been my best friend from early in our relationship. We began emailing shortly after we met in July 2004 and our friendship blossomed naturally and easily. I was smitten pretty quickly.
Like any couple, we have had ups and downs, conflict and resolutions, joys and sorrows. We've welcomed 4 children into our home through birth and ushered 3 into the arms of Jesus as they died in my womb.
Josh seeks to know and love me and does so well.
This year, for Mother's Day, he surprised me with a BEAUTIFUL and SOFT blanket bearing the names of all 7 of our children. It took my breath away. Due to shipping delays worldwide, it took it longer to arrive, so we received it almost a week past Mother's Day and the timing was perfect. Opening it was a special marriage-moment between us. Josh is incredible as a friend, husband, and father. He has always validated all 7 lives I carried in my womb, whether they went to Heaven at 6 weeks or 16 weeks.
Josh knows that I keep blankets all over our home - mostly in our living room and bedroom. I am cold natured and like having blankets to snuggle up in or for my children or guests to use. He also knows that our little dog loves to commandeer my favorite no-sew tie fleece blanket my twin sister made for me. I am forever washing it so it doesn't have dog hair (or smell!). He found the perfect gift! A SOFT, snuggly blanket where I can wrap myself in the names of my beloved babies.
SO SOFT!!
My children have ooooed and aaaaahed over their Daddy's well-chosen gift. But I'm determined to keep it as "mine"! Well, at least for a while!
Thank you, Josh. It is perfect... just like you and me!!
"She's got gaps, I got gaps. Together, we fill gaps."
~ "Rocky" in Rocky, 1976
"...she became his wife; and he loved her."
~ Genesis 24: 67b




No comments:
Post a Comment