We started blogging our life as best friends, husband and wife, in 2006 shortly after we got married. Once we had children, I created a new blog for our growing family. This is our blog sharing the story of our life: beginning with our first pregnancy and our journey as parents to our beloved firstborn, BB1, who arrived in our world perfectly on 11.5.2010 and his precious sister, BB2, born on 10.6.2012, our sweet third baby, BB3, born 2.3.2015, our 3rd vivacious daughter, BB6, born on 5.1.2018 and our 2nd living son and final Bruffey Baby, BB8, born 6.23.2021. We also love our 3 greatly missed babies in Heaven, BB4 (born in Heaven at 5 weeks 5 days on 10.8.2016) BB5 (born still at 16 weeks on 2.5.2017), and BB7 (born in Heaven at 7 weeks 3 days on 10.23.2019). I will share my stories of our family, of being a wife, a mother, a home manager, a friend, a woman, a Hope Mom, and a person pursuing hope in Christ through life and death, joy and pain. Welcome to our journey!

"Show me the path where I should walk, O LORD; point out the right road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you."
Psalm 24: 4 - 5

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Christmas 2012: #1

We love Christmas in our house! It has always been my favorite holiday and I so enjoy all that this season and holiday are! Celebrating Jesus and God's gift to us as well all the cultural traditions that we can enjoy, draw from, and make a part of our lives during this holiday! One of the things I've always loved is seeing Christmas decorations and, as I grew up, being a part of decorating for Christmas! My mother always made Christmas exciting and special and I plan to do the same for my little Bruffeys! I remember playing a record (yes, a record!) with Christmas music as we decorated when I was a child and it brought SUCH excitement for the season ahead!

After rearranging our living room, Josh and I got started on decorating for Christmas! We had done so in 2010 when Jacob was a newborn, but decided not to last year since we'd be out of town. Though we will enjoy some family time this Christmas season away from home, we wanted to bring out our traditions and start some new ones, especially for Jacob now that he is 2!

We hung some icicle lights (my current favorite for a house) and some net lights on our bushes (first time to use those - love them!)

Josh did a great job lighting up our home!

A picture with our flash - you can see my poinsettas and wreath at the front door!

I LOVE my wreath! I made it the first year Josh and I were married and so enjoy getting it out each year!



Our entryway 

Josh had this great idea for our entryway. I have several ornaments that are buildings - houses, library, inn, etc. - Hallmark specials that my twin sister and I get from our Mother each year and have since we were young. He suggested we make a little town in this nook above the coat closet in our entryway. I love it!



We got to decorating in our "new" living room - had to make a mess before we got it looking neat!


I love little touches of Christmas in our kitchen!

Coffee Christmas corner

Our kitchen table
(What REALLY makes this festive is the Hygeia breastpump on the table, haha!)

This was a gift from a friend in Alabama that I have always loved at Christmas time!

We got this bow on freecycle, along with some faux poinsettas that I put by the front door. Josh had the idea to use it this way - very festive! I can't wait for Jacob to wake up and see this Christmas kitchen!

The living room! 
Our mantel - stockings for 4 plus our little dog, Kylee


Ruth Evelyn's first stocking, from her Grandmother - just like Jacob!

The TREE!

Our tree all set up - then we decided to move it

love our pre-lit tree!

Jacob helping decorate!

The tree is up and ornaments being unboxed.

Josh putting this year's tree topper - the same one we used when Jacob was a newborn.

Our 2010 and 2012 tree topper.

Mama "Claus" decorating our tree!

Almost done!

A special ornament in honor of my beloved Grandmother (my Mother's mother), Evelyn Jane Renfro McCraw Ptak - a gift from my brother last Christmas.

I love how the light shines through this!

I loved my Grandmother so very much! Many people say I look a lot like her and my Mother. I treasure this. I see how my own Mother is a grandmother who shows love and is fun and makes my kids feel special, just like my Grandmother did. I hope to one day know the joy of being a Grandmother just as they are/were!

The finished tree! I hope one day to have a tree topper in colors that coordinate with my tree skirt. The skirt I bought a few years ago at Cracker Barrel and it is the colors I really want to use for our Christmas decor when we can afford to buy more.

Cozy space for our Christmas tree!

An Adventure in Christmas Decorations...

So... we opened up our boxes of Christmas decorations that have been in the attic since the end of Christmas 2010... and learned a BIG lesson - that we will NEVER store candles in our attic again! This one melted and several ornaments clung to it as the melted wax hardened. Another candle was ruined, as well and had to be tossed.

This was a beautiful candle that was shaped like Mary and Joseph - it caused several ornaments to get stuck in it as it hardened - the red and gold is one of my favorites! Any ideas on how to get it out of the hardened wax?

Josh was able to get the boxed ornaments out of the wax by just pulling... but I don't think this Christmas candle holder can be salvaged?!? It was made by me at a Sister's Weekend with my sisters and I SO do not want to throw it away!

If anyone out there has ideas on how to salvage these things that are stuck in hardened candle wax, please let me know!

We got a bit of a chuckle out of our lesson learned as we enjoyed decorating for Christmas!

Here's to more posts are our Christmas season unfolds!

Merry Christmas and may God bring much love and joy and family to you!

~ Mama Bruffey ~
Daughter of God, Wife of One, Mother of Two

No comments:

Post a Comment