We started blogging our life as best friends, husband and wife, in 2006 shortly after we got married. Once we had children, I created a new blog for our growing family. This is our blog sharing the story of our life: beginning with our first pregnancy and our journey as parents to our beloved firstborn, BB1, who arrived in our world perfectly on 11.5.2010 and his precious sister, BB2, born on 10.6.2012, our sweet third baby, BB3, born 2.3.2015, our 3rd vivacious daughter, BB6, born on 5.1.2018 and our 2nd living son and final Bruffey Baby, BB8, born 6.23.2021. We also love our 3 greatly missed babies in Heaven, BB4 (born in Heaven at 5 weeks 5 days on 10.8.2016) BB5 (born still at 16 weeks on 2.5.2017), and BB7 (born in Heaven at 7 weeks 3 days on 10.23.2019). I will share my stories of our family, of being a wife, a mother, a home manager, a friend, a woman, a Hope Mom, and a person pursuing hope in Christ through life and death, joy and pain. Welcome to our journey!

"Show me the path where I should walk, O LORD; point out the right road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you."
Psalm 24: 4 - 5

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Our "New" Living Room!

I have a dear friend from high school who is an interior designer and Mommy to a beautiful baby boy, Jake, and a teenage son, Stayton. I entered a contest through her blog and won! I won an hour of her time in my home helping me with design! I knew I wanted some help on my living room/dining room area so that they felt more cozy and had a better flow. She came for a visit when my twin sister was in town and the three of us (plus Jake, Jacob, and Ruth) had a blast! She gave us some great ideas that involved totally rearranging our living room! Josh was SO *excited*! ;-) We came home from Thanksgiving (post to come) in Austin and got to work! It took us Friday night and all day Saturday, and we now have a "new" living space! THANK YOU KARA!! I highly recommend Kara Gordon to anyone in the Dallas/Fort Worth area for all your design needs!

Our living room/ dining area "BEFORE"

You walk in the room and the couch was on the right wall (and, originally that recliner was in the middle of the room facing the tv, but Kara recommended we move it, so we already had before I grabbed the camera)

The TV and bookshelves were on the left wall (and the recliner was right behind Jacob's little table)

We used the dining area as an office and play area for Jacob. Very cluttered!

PROGRESS

We worked late Friday night and all day Saturday. Josh keeps saying, now that it is done, I can't believe we did all that!









AFTER!

Our "new" living room! We LOVE it! Of course, please overlook the toys - we don't have a playroom, so our living room often is full of fun things for our little Bruffeys. 

As you walk in, the TV is now on the right wall so it is somewhat hidden and not the first thing you notice.

The couch is now on the left wall with this art moved over the couch.

This is the wall you see as you enter the room.

Our "scholarly" area - in what could be a dining room, but we made this whole big room into one living space and Jacob loves all the room to run!

Our boy enjoying the space!!

Thank you Kara! We are so enjoying our living space!

~ Mama Bruffey ~
Daughter of God, Wife of One, Mother of Two

No comments:

Post a Comment