It really seems wild that it has been a month since Ruth's birth! She is an amazing, strong, fun little girl already! In her first month, she's faced several health challenges (that show she is a strong woman already, just like the women for whom she was named) from a lip/tongue tie, MRSA, thrush, and a unique birthmark... whew! We have been richly blessed with my IBCLC, doula, dental specialist, and family doctor. Ruth is a happy, cooing little one! Her brother loves to give "baby kiss!" and she will coo and talk to him. She likes to make her opinions known and when she does not like something I SWEAR there's a difference in her scream that sounds like a "girl" protest! She loves being held and worn as long as her tummy is full. She is gaining weight and, as of her 1 month birthday, is 9 pounds! 2 days after birth she was 6 lbs, 9 oz, so she has put on 2 lbs, 7 oz since October 8th! We are so proud of our little girl and how well she's eating, gaining weight, and developing! She loves her Mama's milk just like her brother did! I finally thought of what I call her as my nursling - Jacob was my little milkman so Ruth is my little milkmaid!
Here is our first monthly photoshoot of our sweet girl with her "Ruth" doll from Mrs. Alaina and her blanket, handmade by her great-grandmother, our Granny!
Beautiful Ruth!
Whoa, Mama!
I... still... don't... have... head... control....
(but this shows off her cute flower!)
Excuse me, I think that bow would look better on ME!
I laid her in her crib for the first time to see what she thinks of her mobile - this was a gift from our friends Emily and her daughter Ava before Jacob was born - he loved it and I suspected his sister would too! I was right!
She smiled and cooed at the different shapes, pictures, and designs.
This mobile makes her happy!
"Talking" to the pictures!
I love you, my growing milkmaid, and your precious coos and smiles! Your Daddy, brother Jacob, and I are so glad God sent you to our family!
~ Mama Bruffey ~
Daughter of God, Wife of One, Mother of Two







Awww..... She is so sweet. I cannot wait to see her this Sunday. You are such a good mama. I can see the joy of mommyhood all over you. You're such an inspiration. PS... thanks for reading about our family.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE your blog! You have great insight and profound posts. I love seeing your journey with homeschooling! Thanks for your encouragement - loved talking on Sunday! Here's hoping the Lord provides a time we can have coffee or tea some day not too far off! :-)
DeleteI can't believe she is already one month old!! Wow, time sure does fly!! She is beautiful and of course, I love the bow!! She looks so much like Jacob(to me) in your latest shower post!!. There is no doubt they are blood related;).
ReplyDeleteIt is going fast!! I LOVE the bows and flowers for her little head! She is looking more and more like her brother!
Delete