We started blogging our life as best friends, husband and wife, in 2006 shortly after we got married. Once we had children, I created a new blog for our growing family. This is our blog sharing the story of our life: beginning with our first pregnancy and our journey as parents to our beloved firstborn, BB1, who arrived in our world perfectly on 11.5.2010 and his precious sister, BB2, born on 10.6.2012, our sweet third baby, BB3, born 2.3.2015, our 3rd vivacious daughter, BB6, born on 5.1.2018 and our 2nd living son and final Bruffey Baby, BB8, born 6.23.2021. We also love our 3 greatly missed babies in Heaven, BB4 (born in Heaven at 5 weeks 5 days on 10.8.2016) BB5 (born still at 16 weeks on 2.5.2017), and BB7 (born in Heaven at 7 weeks 3 days on 10.23.2019). I will share my stories of our family, of being a wife, a mother, a home manager, a friend, a woman, a Hope Mom, and a person pursuing hope in Christ through life and death, joy and pain. Welcome to our journey!

"Show me the path where I should walk, O LORD; point out the right road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you."
Psalm 24: 4 - 5

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Purple Girl Gets a Bath

We have been fighting thrush (yeast). We have a great IBCLC (International Board Certified Lactation Consultant) helping us. We tried coconut oil for about 2 weeks, but it still wasn't cleared, so I got a prescription, Nystatin, from Ruth's doctor. Well, it can upset little tummies according to our IBCLC and Ruth just threw it up. So, we went to Gentian Violet, a more natural yet effective treatment. It is PURPLE and everyone I talked to warned me it would STAIN. So, I picked a couple of sleepers for Ruth and some dark PJs for me and followed a treatment regime from our IBCLC that is from a breastfeeding guru (ironic, since he's a man) Dr. Jack Newman. We've done 3 nights now. Our IBCLC (Mellanie Sheppard with For Babies' Sake) comes tomorrow morning for a home visit so we'll see how we're progressing. We are also doing a LOT of laundry, washing, etc. I decided to take some pictures of our purple girl this morning (and you'll notice the slight purple hue in her one month photos - by the end of the day the purple fades, but it was still there) and then give her a bath (her 3rd) to see if we could get some of the purple off before going to her chiropractic appointment. It only faded it a bit. She loved when I would squeeze warm water over her. We heated up the bathroom with a heater (that we then turned off) before bringing her in, the way we used to with her brother. When there wasn't water being squeezed on her, she was not a happy girl as she was cold and wet, but as soon as she was dry and dressed (thanks to a hair dryer being run near by that always helps soothe my babies - good thinking Daddy Josh!) she was again a happy girl. 

Some pictures of our purple girl:

My Grape Girl

Purple, Purple EVERYWHERE!

Enjoying the warm water.

But not happy when there's water on the head and NOT on the rest of her body

My sweet baby girl getting clean

Daddy, I'm COLD!

Snuggled up with Daddy

In honor of Aunt Rup - an orange friendship flower that Aunt Rup made for Ruth with a matching big one for Mama B!

Nice and clean (and still a littttle purple). I love you Aunt Rup - thanks for the great flower! And Tante Maren, thanks for introducing me to a soothie!

~ Mama Bruffey ~
Daughter of God, Wife of One, Mother of Two


No comments:

Post a Comment