It's been such a wonderful adventure becoming a mother of 2! I've found that, keeping some of the milestone moments during Jacob's day in place helps him and we just roll with how the rest of our days unfold, looking for those special moments of connection for me with each child and for them with each other. Jacob loves to hug and kiss his sister and say, "Hey baby!" with the most precious voice! Ruth likes to smile and coo and "talk" to us and is such a sweetheart! Babywearing is such a blessing and I'm so grateful I learned about it when Jacob was little as it makes such a smoother life for us as a family of 4. Ruth gets great naps snuggled up with her Mama in a carrier! Jacob sometimes wants a hug or to be held and he'll say, "off?" meaning he wants me to lay his sister down. If she is settled, we do just that and he gets his snuggle time, too! I'm thinking he'll be up to being worn on my back while Ruth is in a carrier on the front once I'm able to lift that much weight consistently after my 6 week postpartum appointment! At least that's what I'm hoping - we'll see what works for the heart of our little man!
Here's some pictures of a few of our days and some special moments with us three when I was able to grab a camera! Our only heart's longing is more time with Josh - God knew when He designed this family that we work as a family when we are all together. Josh works so hard for us and is gone so many hours and we miss him greatly! We always look forward to our weekends and moments with him!
November 8, 2012
She looked up and smiled at her brother just as I took this! Such a great moment!
Hey baby Ruth!
Mama, I'm just eating...
My silly boy!
I asked him to show me his muscles and he did, then said, "I, Jacob Strong!"
Then he said it again! "Jacob STRONG!" I just love this boy!
Watching us eat after having her "dinner".
She is such a sweet little girl with so much zeal already!
November 9, 2012
We went to the park for Jacob to swing in his favorite red swing! We went here for the first time when my Mother came up to visit one more time before Ruth was born - to have time with Jacob - he still talks about the red swing, Grandmother, and the train that was really loud! (we live near a train station so see trains a lot - and they ARE really loud!)
He loves to swing!
YAY!
It was REALLY windy! The weather is changing to more "fall-like" weather, so we didn't stay very long. I was concerned it was too cool for Ruth, but wanted Jacob to have some time away from home to play. She was snuggled close in our Mei Tai, but it was incredibly windy!
So we got home and I snuggled her back down in the Mei Tai where she took a great nap while Jacob and I had dinner.
Later that night, after Jacob was asleep, Ruth took a great nap snuggled next to me. She is such a sweetheart!
November 10, 2012
Our wonderful lactation consultant, Mellanie Sheppard, told us that, if we plan to ever use bottles, they should be introduced to a baby between 4 and 6 weeks. Ruth is 5 weeks old today! We waited until 5 weeks to ensure her lip and tongue tie surgery wounds had healed. We think we may use bottles from time to time when I pump and Josh gives her a bottle of breastmilk or if we go out on a date at some point, so we decided to give the bottle a try. We have a huge freezer stash built, but who knows if we'll ever use it all. I love feeding her but also enjoy the time it gives her and Josh. She took just under 1/2 oz from her first bottle, then wanted Mama and her milk directly. We count it a successful first try!
Oh I cherish these moments seeing Josh with our babies! Since we aren't walking the halls with a reflux, dairy/soy-intolerant baby in pain like we needed to with Jacob at this point in his life, Josh's moments with his daughter aren't as frequent, so I love looking for times he can hold her, play with her, and connect with her little heart.
This is pretty good, Daddy!
A little burp.
Our snuggly girl and her wonderful Daddy!
It's a blessed life and we are grateful for our times together, me, Josh, Jacob, & Ruth! May we ever be good, intentional, committed stewards of these precious young lives!
~ Mama Bruffey ~
Daughter of God, Wife of One, Mother of Two


















Oh my goodness! The picture of Ruth sleeping with her mouth open is precious!!!
ReplyDeleteI just LOVE that one!
Delete