We started blogging our life as best friends, husband and wife, in 2006 shortly after we got married. Once we had children, I created a new blog for our growing family. This is our blog sharing the story of our life: beginning with our first pregnancy and our journey as parents to our beloved firstborn, BB1, who arrived in our world perfectly on 11.5.2010 and his precious sister, BB2, born on 10.6.2012, our sweet third baby, BB3, born 2.3.2015, our 3rd vivacious daughter, BB6, born on 5.1.2018 and our 2nd living son and final Bruffey Baby, BB8, born 6.23.2021. We also love our 3 greatly missed babies in Heaven, BB4 (born in Heaven at 5 weeks 5 days on 10.8.2016) BB5 (born still at 16 weeks on 2.5.2017), and BB7 (born in Heaven at 7 weeks 3 days on 10.23.2019). I will share my stories of our family, of being a wife, a mother, a home manager, a friend, a woman, a Hope Mom, and a person pursuing hope in Christ through life and death, joy and pain. Welcome to our journey!

"Show me the path where I should walk, O LORD; point out the right road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you."
Psalm 24: 4 - 5

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Jacob's First Christmas

Jacob had his first Christmas surrounded by family who adores him! It was a sleepless Christmas for his Mama many nights and anything BUT silent, but a treasured memory nonetheless! We are still working on reflux and had his first pediatric GI appointment on 12/23 and an upper GI and abdominal ultrasound the same day - both came back normal! But, he is still struggling some with reflux, spitting up if he eats more than 10 to 15 minutes, and bad coughing anywhere from 20 to 30 minutes after he eats... I think this contributes to his sleeplessness, but I'm reading "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" to learn what I, as his mother, can do to help him embrace sleep. Here are some pictures of our beloved boy and his first Christmas in his new home!

A snuggly outfit from his Annie - SO cute!

In his bouncy while we decorated

A great outfit from Tante Maren, picked out by Markus

My First Christmas!

In his warm outfit to go to Christmas Eve service - checking out Mr. Monkey!

All snuggled up!

A sad face that just melts my heart!

A happier boy - SO cute in blue!

Bouncy time! He WILL grab Mr. Duck one day!! He is DETERMINED! Such a little man already!

See the intensity on his face?!?! He is working SO hard - after about 15 minutes he gets so worked up and frustrated he'll start crying so we have to take the toy bar off - OH he IS wild at heart and wants to conquer grabbing these animals! I can't wait until he does and we just CELEBRATE his achievement!!

Mommy just loves taking pictures of Jacob - so I do any time I can! Here he is all dolled up!

My First Christmas!! Ummm... Mama, a little help please?!

Not so sure - you can tell he's working himself up because he's missing a sock - he starts moving those feet when he's worked up and inevitably one sock goes flying! Mother is showing him a new toy - this is the very first toy my parents bought for me MY first Christmas - and now it belongs to Jacob! So precious! It has a bell in it and it will wobble on a flat surface and ring!

A Christmas nap (or at least that was the hope... didn't happen often) all swaddled up! Or as my Dad says "all tied up"!

In his Christmas "tuxedo" from Grandmother! (being held by Aunt Rup)

SO cute - his "tux" shoes!

Another attempt at a nap during the holidays - WIDE awake!

Found his fishes!

He's just TOO cute!

This is the weekend before Christmas while we put the tree up - he fell asleep in my arms so I gently laid him, Boppy and all, down so I could help Daddy - we were all in the same room so it was safe and just TOO precious!

Swinging while Mama and Daddy put up our tree - SUCH a little man!

He looks SO much older than 6 weeks (which he was here)!!

Hanging with my beautiful Aunt Rup!

My Uncle Josh is an awesome baby calmer!

Grandmother makes me feel safe and loved!!

I love my Grandmother!

Granny (great-grandmother) rocking Jacob - in a onesie my mother bought that says "All Mommy Wants for Christmas is a Silent Night" - LOL!

Granny giving Jacob some milk - see how he is looking at her with adoring eyes! I LOVE this picture!

Smiling for Granny - you can see it in his eyes - JUST LIKE his Daddy!

Mommy and Jacob on Christmas day (I never found time to get dressed that day - but enjoyed every minute with my little buddy!)

Jacob got a card from Grandmother and Granddaddy that played a song "All I Want for Christmas is a Hippopotamus" - when we were opening it he was fussy, but when the music started he was mesmerized!

Mama and Jacob opening a present from Annie...

...a turtle that projects stars (with 8 constellations) on the ceiling - a great soothing nightlight for a little one!

I DID get dressed up Christmas Eve! I was opening a gift that Granny brought from a friend of hers - a sweater she knit for Jacob.

We are so blessed that my family came to visit and help us care for our precious boy - I got some needed sleep one night and am just SO greatful! God truly did intend for families to walk together through life!

Daddy and Virginia having some treasured time! 

My beautiful Mama! Oh HOW did you raise twins?! You are incredible!

Granny and Virginia - amazing, strong women!

My hot sister!

Virgnia and Mother worked hard to make food I could eat since I no longer can have any dairy or soy - THANK YOU both for helping me and thus my son!

Josh opening a present from my parents. It is a huge D-ring... he joked that it was his new keyring, haha!

Virginia opening her gift from her husband, Josh - tickets for them to see Bon Jovi in concert in DC while she is living there in the spring! SUCH a great gift!

We even found time to decorate our new home with some touches of Christmastime!

Our first tree! Mother and Daddy brought presents so it looks like a real Christmas home!

Our tree topper this year until we find the perfect one!

Our mantel - Mama brought our family stockings!

A touch of Christmas in our entryway!

Our entryway table with a bit of Christmas!

Our microwave cart with some Christmas!

Our new kitchen island where we did our Christmas cooking (mostly by my sister Virginia and our wonderful mother!)

A Christmas poinsetta from Daddy - he told Mama I probably needed a touch of Christmas color! I love you Daddy!

We are so blessed by our incredible family - thank you for planning your Christmas to be with us on the beginning of our parenting journey - it would not have been Christmas to me without you here! We love you!!

~ Elizabeth, Josh, and our beloved Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment