We started blogging our life as best friends, husband and wife, in 2006 shortly after we got married. Once we had children, I created a new blog for our growing family. This is our blog sharing the story of our life: beginning with our first pregnancy and our journey as parents to our beloved firstborn, BB1, who arrived in our world perfectly on 11.5.2010 and his precious sister, BB2, born on 10.6.2012, our sweet third baby, BB3, born 2.3.2015, our 3rd vivacious daughter, BB6, born on 5.1.2018 and our 2nd living son and final Bruffey Baby, BB8, born 6.23.2021. We also love our 3 greatly missed babies in Heaven, BB4 (born in Heaven at 5 weeks 5 days on 10.8.2016) BB5 (born still at 16 weeks on 2.5.2017), and BB7 (born in Heaven at 7 weeks 3 days on 10.23.2019). I will share my stories of our family, of being a wife, a mother, a home manager, a friend, a woman, a Hope Mom, and a person pursuing hope in Christ through life and death, joy and pain. Welcome to our journey!

"Show me the path where I should walk, O LORD; point out the right road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you."
Psalm 24: 4 - 5

Friday, November 16, 2012

Our First Road Trip With TWO

I did it! I loaded up 2 kiddos (with the help of my amazing husband) and made the trip to Houston to visit my parents and Granny! A 2 year old and 5 week old - what an adventure! It was a smooth trip with my 2 great travelers and we are enjoying our time with family! This is a special weekend, Grandmother's 59th birthday! We were planning to come down to celebrate with her and, as it worked out, we'll also participate in a parent/baby dedication service at my parents' church for Josh, me and Ruth (and Jacob) with my parents and Granny there as family supporting and praying for us as we raise our precious children and teach them about Christ. I'll be posting pictures here of our trip in general and celebration of Mother's birthday and then a separate post for Ruth's dedication if we're able to get pictures so we can share our little Ruth and big brother Jacob with friends and family near and far.

Day 1

We got to my parents around 2:50pm and Jacob was SO excited to see Grandmother and Granddaddy and Granny! He got to play at a home that is like a second home to him - he loves the backyard and all the toys Grandmother keeps for her grandchildren, just like my Grandmother (Mother's mother) did for us growing up! We went outside on Mother and Daddy's great back patio that is covered and has beautiful fans/lights - and Jacob wanted the fan ON (he is signing "ON" here) - even though it was cold outside (cold for us Texans!)! I love this boy!

Granny meeting her great granddaughter, Ruth Evelyn! A special moment!

Generations! Ruth's great-grandmother (Granny) and Granddaddy (my awesome Daddy). Camera phone isn't the best, but the moment is priceless!

Sweet gifts from Grandmother to Ruth Evelyn - a new changing pad and a Boppy cover!

Day 2: A trip to Grandmother's work

Ruth all dressed as a brown and pink little zebra in an outfit from Annie (her great aunt) ready to visit Grandmother at work!

Grandmother and granddaughter at Mother's work.

Happy girl with such a great grandmother!

Jacob enjoyed playing with the kiddos in the library at the school where Mother works.

I found out before we left that I will need pretty weak reading/computer glasses - so those came in and my hubby picked them up and is bringing them to Houston for me!

And here they are!



Day 3: November 16th

We ordered Ruth a Fisher Price Rock 'N Play Sleeper to try for some naps and upcoming road trips. I put it together today and we had a little photoshoot! My beautiful girl! Love her and all her smiles!







Day 4: November 17, 2012
Mother's 59th Birthday!

I have an amazing Mama who has always been committed to her children. I have always been a dreamer and a pursuer of dreams - that lead me to college, ASL, graduate school, my husband and parenthood. I once asked my Mother what her dreams were and what dreams she wanted to chase. Her answer, "Honey, you are my dreams!" I love being here to celebrate her birthday with her!

The day begins...

I spotted Daddy, Mama, and Granny loving on our sweet Ruth Evelyn as they admired the beautiful morning God created... 
it looks like a painting to me! I love my family and how they love!

Meeting Uncle Chip

Sweet snuggles.

Talking to Uncle Chip

GRANDMOTHER'S BIRTHDAY!

Dressed up cute for Grandmother




Gifts for Grandmother 
vegan, soy-free, gluten-free chocolate chip banana bread plus 2 great cards and gifts!

vegan, soy-free, gluten-free chocolate chip banana bread for grandmother

from Jacob & Ruth

from Elizabeth, Josh, Jacob & Ruth

These are flowers Mother bought - I always love how she keeps flowers in her house!

Pretty flowers at Grandmother's house

Ruth Evelyn, in her outfit for dinner, helping Daddy take his nap *wink* 
(he was trying to help her take a nap, haha!)

"Just keep that Soothie close, Daddy..."

Sweet girl with her loving Daddy! All dressed and ready for dinner with Grandmother

Cupcakes for Grandmother

Jacob enjoying Grandmother's birthday dinner

My beautiful mother on her birthday!

My husband - I love when he gets to be with me and my parents!

Mother - you are a beautiful woman! I'm SO glad people think I look like you!

Ruth Evelyn and I enjoying Grandmother's dinner.

Reading Grandmother's card.

The card from me, Josh, and our kiddos.

I love when words touch the heart.


Time to open presents!

Prayer time - I caught Jacob as he was signing "amen!" - before Daddy finished praying, haha!

Family time honoring my Mother.

My boys!

The cake Grandmother got at Cheddar's!
"You will all eat some, right?!"

Jacob was HAPPY to help eat some "birfday" cake!

The yummy goodies that came with the cake.

Wondering if he'll get more cake?

Sharing some cake with Daddy.

Wide-eyed boy - life is so exciting!

"More birfday cake?"

mmmm.... that hit the spot!

Handsome men!

What a great trip it was! The other pictures are from Ruth Evelyn's baby dedication and our parent dedication at Spring Baptist Church the following day. Thank you to my parents and Granny for such a special trip!

~ Mama Bruffey ~
Daughter of God, Wife of One, Mother of Two

No comments:

Post a Comment