We started blogging our life as best friends, husband and wife, in 2006 shortly after we got married. Once we had children, I created a new blog for our growing family. This is our blog sharing the story of our life: beginning with our first pregnancy and our journey as parents to our beloved firstborn, BB1, who arrived in our world perfectly on 11.5.2010 and his precious sister, BB2, born on 10.6.2012, our sweet third baby, BB3, born 2.3.2015, our 3rd vivacious daughter, BB6, born on 5.1.2018 and our 2nd living son and final Bruffey Baby, BB8, born 6.23.2021. We also love our 3 greatly missed babies in Heaven, BB4 (born in Heaven at 5 weeks 5 days on 10.8.2016) BB5 (born still at 16 weeks on 2.5.2017), and BB7 (born in Heaven at 7 weeks 3 days on 10.23.2019). I will share my stories of our family, of being a wife, a mother, a home manager, a friend, a woman, a Hope Mom, and a person pursuing hope in Christ through life and death, joy and pain. Welcome to our journey!

"Show me the path where I should walk, O LORD; point out the right road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you."
Psalm 24: 4 - 5

Friday, September 28, 2012

Special Snuggle Day for Mama & Jacob

Having worked 2am - 5am this morning, I didn't get much sleep either before I had to get ready and leave or after I got home. Josh had to leave early for training at a new part-time job, so I was up with Jacob at 7:15am and feeling every bit of 39 weeks, 2 days pregnant. Yesterday, we ran a ton of errands and visited Tante Maren, so Jacob only got a 25-30 minute car nap and was just spent by the end of the day. He still slept the same amount of hours overnight (about 7:30pm - 7:15am; his normal is 6:30pm/7pm - 7:30am (sometimes 8am or later!) ), so he was a bit sleep deprived, too having missed his 2 hour to 2 1/2 hour nap. So, I decided we'd have a more relaxing, snuggle day, just me and my boy. As it turns out, it was one of those days provided that I'll always remember as a special one-on-one day for me and my firstborn before our family grows. Another day full of moments that make me glad for this day that our little Ruth wasn't yet born, as God continues to prepare our hearts and family for the right day when she will join us in this outside world! I just love this boy and am amazed to look at the past almost-2 years and see how far he's come! Raising a child and seeing them grow, learn, develop and become this unique person is an incredible privilege and blessing and I love it! Jacob now counts to 10 consistently, knows his colors, and we are working on A, B, C. He loves all balls, puppy dogs, trains (except when they are "weally woud!"), cars, trucks, and running fast! We watched some videos together, had a good 2 1/2 hour nap, and went outside for about 5 minutes just before it started to rain! 

Here we are on our snuggle day!

Before we got dressed, we spent some PJ time watching our "Praise Baby" DVD.

He crawled into my lap and gave me a hug and snuggled into my arm. 
I just could not get him to look at the camera and smile!

I did get a giggle from tickling, but didn't catch it completely on film.

Trying not to smile!

Me and my boy! Even with my belly, there's still room on my lap for snuggles with this precious child!

Jacob, I'm so grateful our God has provided some special one-on-one Mama and Jacob time these past days before our family grows to a family of 4! God is SO good to meet us where we are and loves us so much he pours out such blessings to fill our hearts. I pray these days with you and me fill yours and give you confidence and peace in those first, whirlwind days when your sister is born. I love you and am so very glad our God sent you to us to be your parents and stewards of your precious life!

~ Mama Bruffey
Wife of One, Mother of Two

2 comments:

  1. Ahh, sounds like a fun mommy and son day:) Snuggling with your baby is the best:)
    You and your delivery entourage(smile) are in my prayers!! I can't wait to "meet" baby Ruth!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - and seeing how fast they grow makes me just want to hold him and hold him and hold him! Thank you for the prayers for our little "posse"! :-) love from TX!

      Delete