It's hard to even wrap my brain around being 36 weeks pregnant with this baby. I look back to 2 years ago when I was 36 weeks pregnant with Jacob - life was SO very different. By then it was late September and I was so confident in the health of my unborn son - really from the beginning of that pregnancy - the Lord blessed me with a peace that carried me through the journey we walked with my beloved mother-in-law as she moved from this earth to her Heavenly home with our God. This pregnancy started clouded by complications and uncertainty. I still pray throughout the day for God's protection of this baby - for her to be fully developed, healthy, complete. Maybe I've seen more and know more about the reality of how fragile life is, how uncertain... so I tend to worry a bit more. But, even as I have worries, I have hope in God and HIS perfect plan. We were told this little life wouldn't make it very early on and again and again complications and problems arose that made this life's continuation seem unlikely. But, God had other plans and this baby has grown and overcome odds already! She is a strong girl and I'm already honored to be her Mama and entrusted to steward her life. To think we have just about a month (not a fan of due dates - I like for baby to come when God determines that baby is ready) until she joins life on the outside and we are holding her in our arms is just surreal! 36 weeks - wow! I'm feeling great - after 2 days of no carbs again, swelling is back down and I'm using the "Five Week Formula" tincture from my midwife to prepare for these last few weeks and a gentler birth. I've also started Evening Primrose Oil to help with physical preparation for labor. I just love all I've learned through the natural birth community these past 2 1/2 years! Thank you Lord for this journey - I would do it ALL again - each moment of uncertainty, sadness, fear, pain, living apart from my very best friend, and the concern over pursuing the best birth for my baby... yes, I'd do it all again to be here now. I pray for continued protection as YOU knit this little life and lay out YOUR plan for her - may she be drawn to you as Savior and Lord!
Early morning - ready for work!
Mama and her girl - off to do some interpreting!
After work - some pictures taken by Daddy B!
Love this belly because it holds my baby!
End of the day - relaxing with my girl!
36 weeks - amazing!
~ Mama Bruffey
Wife of One, Mother of Two






No comments:
Post a Comment