We started blogging our life as best friends, husband and wife, in 2006 shortly after we got married. Once we had children, I created a new blog for our growing family. This is our blog sharing the story of our life: beginning with our first pregnancy and our journey as parents to our beloved firstborn, BB1, who arrived in our world perfectly on 11.5.2010 and his precious sister, BB2, born on 10.6.2012, our sweet third baby, BB3, born 2.3.2015, our 3rd vivacious daughter, BB6, born on 5.1.2018 and our 2nd living son and final Bruffey Baby, BB8, born 6.23.2021. We also love our 3 greatly missed babies in Heaven, BB4 (born in Heaven at 5 weeks 5 days on 10.8.2016) BB5 (born still at 16 weeks on 2.5.2017), and BB7 (born in Heaven at 7 weeks 3 days on 10.23.2019). I will share my stories of our family, of being a wife, a mother, a home manager, a friend, a woman, a Hope Mom, and a person pursuing hope in Christ through life and death, joy and pain. Welcome to our journey!

"Show me the path where I should walk, O LORD; point out the right road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you."
Psalm 24: 4 - 5

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Haircut, Midwife Appointment, & Bag Tags!

Josh and I overslept for our morning midwife appointment... but we were blessed that she was able to reschedule for the afternoon! So, I headed to Great Clips - DONE with my hair that is overdue for at least a trim and shaping up. I've wanted it shorter with layers for a while now - especially in preparation for the arrival of BB2!! My regular stylist I found at our local GC, who I've loved, was off - so I prayed whoever was there wouldn't butcher it, as I couldn't afford a higher end salon - but told myself, I was READY for a cut and, whatever happened... it would grow! I am REALLY pleased with the cut so far - it always takes a day or 2 to adjust to the style, but have loved it today. 



Midwife Appointment and BB2 Update

Then, we had an early lunch, early nap time for Jacob - and off we went to see our awesome midwife, Joni! We got to see the new birth center for All About Babies - BEAUTIFUL and HUGE! ALMOST made me consider having BB2 there! It is gorgeous... but I'm still sold on being at home. :-) 

BB2 Update
She had a strong heartbeat at 136 - just like 2 weeks ago. She's head down and her little bottom up on more to the right, smile. I'm still feeling movements, though not as strong as they were even a week ago, but consistent, especially when I lay down. It's so incredible to think of where we are now, just one day shy of 36 weeks, after how this little life started so uncertain and at such a risk of not ever being in our arms on earth. I can't wait to hold her!!

Mama B Update
My weight gain is still steady, even with cheating and having carbs a couple days at the end of last week. The carbs, though, have lead to a bit of swelling in my ankles and some in my feet at the end of the day. I've gone back to strict NO carbs and Josh has done the massages we learned in my last pregnancy. I contacted my midwife and doula and both had some great suggestions. After I post this, I'm doing to make some dandelion tea and soak in an Epsom salt bath! But my blood work from my 3rd trimester blood draw came back great! Hemoglobin levels (iron) still awesome, blood clotting factor strong, etc. Not leaking any protein - SUCH a blessing as I leaked proteins through about half of my last pregnancy and was a swollen lady through almost half. I'm still wearing all my own shoes, which is SO awesome! And the swelling I've had the past couple of days is gone in the morning except for a bit around my lower calves, so that's a good thing. I feel great and can't believe I'm really 36 weeks! I could have never fully imagined feeling so good and healthy this far into pregnancy - as one of the mothers in my childbirth class said, I'm so grateful for God's grace that allows me to know now what I didn't know then! (She is on baby #3 and we both had things in our first pregnancy/birth that we have changed for this one - mostly revolving around knowledge and being empowered and equipped to KNOW our bodies and choices.)

3 of the Mamas from my childbirth class have had their babies - so exciting! I LOVE seeing their birth pictures and can't wait for our class reunion where we share stories.

We now start seeing our midwife every week! And my chiropractor! Cannot wait for Thursday morning to see her and get a prenatal massage! We pick up our birth pool next week - so excited about that! This month is SO very full for the Bruffeys and I pray about it because each day has something planned more than we've had in a while, but I know God will use it to prepare us to welcome our precious baby #2!

MOPS and Bag Tags

MOPS starts next week!! I am SOOOOOO excited! Our church home has started a MOPS group and I'm honored to have been asked to serve other Moms as a table group leader! I've been blessed by MOPS since I was pregnant with Jacob and look forward to reaching out and loving other mothers on their journeys! 

We got our MOPPETS (childcare) registration information and I realized I needed good bag tags for Jacob's and Ruth's bags for both MOPS and church (they keep labeling his bag with masking tape - it has a bag tag, but it has my name and not his - hoping with his name now on it, no more tape, smile!). "B!" (I said to myself) "You have a laminator! MAKE tags for your littles!" So, I did! That is today's creative outlet project! I'm pleased with them and Jacob loves his "soc'ball!" (how he says "soccer ball").

Bag Tag for Jacob

Bag Tag for Ruth


I work in the morning, so off for my tea and bath, then some MasterChef!

Update for the Night: Sewing Lessons for Mama

A friend of mine here in Fort Worth is starting to teach some sewing classes in her home. I'm signed up for an intro class next week where I'll FINALLY learn how to use my sewing machine my mother gave me as a gift! I'm SO excited. So, after my epsom bath and MasterChef, I decided to organize the sewing kit my sweet mother and Granny gave me years ago and then later updated:

All ready to learn and create!

The top layer organized.

Inside - lots of pins, buttons, accessories, and a ton of ribbon for various projects I've done. Spent some time rolling the ribbon and taping each roll so I saved space that was taken up by the cardboard spools. Yay for organizing!

~ Mama Bruffey
Wife of One, Mother of Two

No comments:

Post a Comment