We started blogging our life as best friends, husband and wife, in 2006 shortly after we got married. Once we had children, I created a new blog for our growing family. This is our blog sharing the story of our life: beginning with our first pregnancy and our journey as parents to our beloved firstborn, BB1, who arrived in our world perfectly on 11.5.2010 and his precious sister, BB2, born on 10.6.2012, our sweet third baby, BB3, born 2.3.2015, our 3rd vivacious daughter, BB6, born on 5.1.2018 and our 2nd living son and final Bruffey Baby, BB8, born 6.23.2021. We also love our 3 greatly missed babies in Heaven, BB4 (born in Heaven at 5 weeks 5 days on 10.8.2016) BB5 (born still at 16 weeks on 2.5.2017), and BB7 (born in Heaven at 7 weeks 3 days on 10.23.2019). I will share my stories of our family, of being a wife, a mother, a home manager, a friend, a woman, a Hope Mom, and a person pursuing hope in Christ through life and death, joy and pain. Welcome to our journey!

"Show me the path where I should walk, O LORD; point out the right road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you."
Psalm 24: 4 - 5

Saturday, June 9, 2012

A Visit from Auntie Colette!

I have a handful of beloved girlfriends that God has brought into my life throughout my journey here on earth. One is Colette Correa. She often tells people we are twins - we have much in common! And, as we are learning, she and my husband, Josh, have much in common (one of the oddest being a shared enjoyment of "Dumb and Dumber" that COMPLETELY eludes me!).

Me & Colette
1998 - Hong Kong
(on a boat trip to do sight seeing with the international student group)

Colette and I met in August 1998 when we both traveled from our private universities in the US to participate in the first international student program at Hong Kong Baptist University in Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong. We were a part of an incredible group of international students from many countries around the world that were the first international students to study at HKBU. Hong Kong had just been back under Chinese rule for a year when we arrived on campus, having previously been under British rule for about 150 years. The university was primarily a commuter environment, so when we arrived, dorms had not yet been built. The university converted several upper floors of a local hotel (called the NTT International House) that usually housed guests, travelers, and visiting professors into student housing. It was a magical 4 months that, when we reminisce, seem to have lasted years. The group of students I was a part of found that we bonded easily and shared an incredible semester, though we were all SO very different. I am still friends with many of the people I shared this semester with. We long for a reunion and hope that, by 2018, to celebrate our 20 year anniversary by visiting Hong Kong and HKBU again with our families. 

Colette and I clicked easily and share many memories of our time in Hong Kong together. She planned a HUGE surprise birthday party for me (it was my 21st) that fall and everyone from the international student program attended (which included all the international students and our roommates - we each had a local roommate from Hong Kong)! There were FIVE cakes to feed everyone. It's a special memory. Colette and I also were prayer partners and continue to support each other through prayer and sharing to this day. When we get together there is ALWAY talking, laughing, and prayer... always prayer. Hers is an incredible testimony of God's amazing work and her faith is rock solid in Jesus Christ. I just love spending time with her.

This trip was so special to my heart to get to introduce her to my son. And, though Colette and I have sen each other since, my husband had not seen her since our wedding. It was awesome for them to have time connecting when there wasn't the chaos that can be on a wedding day. She was great with Jacob, who has been battling a nasty fever and now intense cough - even getting him to laugh and take a walk outside. He warmed up to her immediately, which doesn't surprise me as she radiates such love and warmth. She complimented my cooking, which filled my heart and I know I'll have 2 things any time she visits: chili and bread with butter! :-) 

It was one of those visits that you know you'll always cherish. Thank you for sharing your time with us, Colette, and praying for and loving on our son (and BB2)! We pray for your safety in your continued travels!

Some pictures of our visit:

Auntie "CoCo" is awesome!

She was so good and loving with my Jacob!

Enjoying his snack with Auntie Colette!

Jacob was up most the night with a deep cough so Mama and Daddy Bruffey were a bit tired, but we had to get a picture with Colette before she departed on the last day of her visit. Thank you for coming and we pray we see you again soon!

~ Mama Bruffey
Wife of One, Mother of Two


No comments:

Post a Comment