We started blogging our life as best friends, husband and wife, in 2006 shortly after we got married. Once we had children, I created a new blog for our growing family. This is our blog sharing the story of our life: beginning with our first pregnancy and our journey as parents to our beloved firstborn, BB1, who arrived in our world perfectly on 11.5.2010 and his precious sister, BB2, born on 10.6.2012, our sweet third baby, BB3, born 2.3.2015, our 3rd vivacious daughter, BB6, born on 5.1.2018 and our 2nd living son and final Bruffey Baby, BB8, born 6.23.2021. We also love our 3 greatly missed babies in Heaven, BB4 (born in Heaven at 5 weeks 5 days on 10.8.2016) BB5 (born still at 16 weeks on 2.5.2017), and BB7 (born in Heaven at 7 weeks 3 days on 10.23.2019). I will share my stories of our family, of being a wife, a mother, a home manager, a friend, a woman, a Hope Mom, and a person pursuing hope in Christ through life and death, joy and pain. Welcome to our journey!

"Show me the path where I should walk, O LORD; point out the right road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you."
Psalm 24: 4 - 5

Thursday, June 14, 2012

My Little Gallaudet Scholar

I got Jacob up this morning and got him dressed. He's able to wear more of his 18 month onsies and shirts now, though he's still in his 12 month shorts and pants! We found the cutest Gallaudet onsie from his Auntie Kay and cousins (it was a gift from Jacob's Papaw Bruffey who worked at Gallaudet as chaplain for many years - Rev. Clifford Bruffey). I put this on him along with some 18 month khaki cargo pants, that look more like really long pants on my little guy! He then wanted to do what we do most mornings - read his books! We are waiting to finish the nursery for BB2 so we can move furniture around and get his bookshelf built and in his room, so Jacob still has stacks of his books in his room that are on the floor. Makes for easy access! :-) Here's pictures of my little reading, Gallaudet scholar!

Let's read!

Look Mama!

I like this book, Mama!

Yes... I'm still reading!

Another picture Mama... really?

OH! I like this part!

I love this dog book that belonged to Daddy!

Let's see... so many books!

OH! I love my "bubble" (Bible)

This is a good Bible story, too!

What are these people doing?

Serious reader!

After reading, Jacob found Mamas Crocs - which he loves to put on and wear around the house!

I love this boy and love seeing him learn and grow!

~ Mama Bruffey
Wife of one, Mother of two

1 comment:

  1. It seems like he just gets bigger and bigger each post you do!! He is so handsome Elizabeth!! Can't wait to find out what you're having for BB#2!!!
    I'm going to be in Texas in July, possibly the 14th, 15th or 16th(not sure yet) in the dallas area. I am hoping to plan a lunch or coffee get together with my favorite people. I would love to see you. As soon as I know more details I'll let you know. The last time I saw you, you were pregnant with Jacob!!

    ReplyDelete