We started blogging our life as best friends, husband and wife, in 2006 shortly after we got married. Once we had children, I created a new blog for our growing family. This is our blog sharing the story of our life: beginning with our first pregnancy and our journey as parents to our beloved firstborn, BB1, who arrived in our world perfectly on 11.5.2010 and his precious sister, BB2, born on 10.6.2012, our sweet third baby, BB3, born 2.3.2015, our 3rd vivacious daughter, BB6, born on 5.1.2018 and our 2nd living son and final Bruffey Baby, BB8, born 6.23.2021. We also love our 3 greatly missed babies in Heaven, BB4 (born in Heaven at 5 weeks 5 days on 10.8.2016) BB5 (born still at 16 weeks on 2.5.2017), and BB7 (born in Heaven at 7 weeks 3 days on 10.23.2019). I will share my stories of our family, of being a wife, a mother, a home manager, a friend, a woman, a Hope Mom, and a person pursuing hope in Christ through life and death, joy and pain. Welcome to our journey!

"Show me the path where I should walk, O LORD; point out the right road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you."
Psalm 24: 4 - 5

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Meeting Nathanael!

I finally got to meet Nathanael Tony! One of my best friends, much like a sister to me, is Emily Tony. We met in fall of 1996 as freshman at Baylor University and quickly became close friends, sharing our journey through college, graduate school, dating years, first jobs, apartments, etc. whether we lived together or apart. We stood in each other's weddings and have gotten to walk with each other through the birth of our firstborns - both sons! Her little one was born February 20th of this year and he is a PRECIOUS boy! I didn't get to meet him until this week, as he turned 4 months old because I was ill when she came to visit Texas and introduce him. I was SO heartbroken that I couldn't meet him earlier, but God is good and worked out the perfect trip and time for me, Emily and Nathanael. He is a snuggly little boy with just beautiful eyes and a sweet spirit. He likes to stand, gives the best open-mouth baby smiles, and blessed my soul by sleeping for an hour in my arms! I love you little Nathanael! Emily - it was SO great to see you and "talk shop" as Mamas!

Nathanael and Aunt Elizabeth at lunch
(great tea room)

Sweet boy!

Play time! He got it!

Nap time with Aunt Elizabeth

Snuggly boy! Right after his 4 month check up.

Here's me at 25 weeks pregnant. I didn't take my camera and couldn't get a good "belly" shot with my phone, but was still excited to reach 25 weeks AND get to meet Nathanael!

God knew my heart and getting to visit Emily in her home and see her son was such a blessing!

~ Mama Bruffey
Wife of one, Mother of two

No comments:

Post a Comment