OK - it seems like moments ago Ruth was born into her Daddy's arms here at our home - our sweet water baby! And now she is already 2 months old and we'll soon be celebrating her first Christmas! We took our monthly photoshoot this morning. One of the sweetest parts of the morning was, when I brought her out dressed, her brother said, "I hold baby?" So he got some time holding his sister and would hug and kiss her. I love how he loves her as a part of our family! We couldn't get him to come in her nursery to sit and hold her, as he wanted to sit in Daddy's big chair for holding his sister.
Ruth has rolled from tummy to back twice. She is (as of Monday 12/3) 10 lbs, 3 oz.
Personality:
She smiles and coos and "talks" to us a lot. She loves having freedom of movement.
(Babywearing note: We've sold all our baby carriers because she just does not like legs in. I saved one for when I can wear her on my back and started researching and found the perfect (I hope) carrier for Ruth that addresses some of the things I didn't like about other carriers AND the issue my little girl has not wanting her legs in anymore - we ordered it this morning and can't wait to get it! (Kinderpack - Winter Bloom).)
She likes:
Eating Mamas milk. Snuggling with Mama when she sleeps. Her Rock 'N Play sleeper for some sleep time. Her playmat and bouncy - trying to get those toys! Being swaddled. Talking to Mama. Her lamb wubbanub. Her Janet the Giraffe pacimal for the car. Sleep. We watch her cues and she is easy to soothe to sleep. We've worked to meet that need and I can truly see how she is such a sweet temperament. I wonder, once Jacob's health needs were figured out, by the time he was about 2 months if we didn't have a chronically overtired little man that made some of the next 2 months more difficult for him. Anyway, I found a great article on maximizing sleep 0 to 4 months and that was what my mama gut had been planning on - so we wear her, swaddle her if needed, use the Rock 'N Play, bed share, hold her, etc. in turn as needed to give her sweet sleep.
She does not like:
Her carseat. It has this super safe insert that is great for keeping newborns secure and we can't WAIT until she outgrows it! She hates being that constricted. She'll be talking, laughing, happy girl and I put her in that seat and her face looks at me like "really?!" and then the cries begin. Her pacimal helps and if she's full and sleepy, she will settle pretty quickly and sleep. If she's awake and wanting awake time, it can be a bit before she settles in the car. Sweet girl has been in the car way more than big brother at this young age, but being number 2 in our family has meant more going and coming.
Our Girl:
Baby Blue Eyes
Lookin' Good In Pink
So beautiful!
Ruth and her "Ruth" Doll
Whoa! Who are you?
(to Uncle Josh Beard - remember how Jacob noticed his doll at 4 months ;-) )
Sittin' Pretty
Snuggles with her doll
Bright light!
tummy time? sure! I got this!
sleep on my tummy? not likely!
Yep - I got this "planking" down!
Jacob holding baby sister!
sweet big brother kiss!
My precious children!
Ruth at 2 months and Jacob at 2 months
Thank you, Lord for my 2 Bruffey babies! Happy 2 months baby girl!
~ Mama Bruffey ~
Daughter of God, Wife of One, Mother of Two














Love this big blue eyes!!! I can 't believe she is 2 months old either!!! The picture of Jacob holding her is precious:)
ReplyDeleteIt is SO sweet to see them together! This baby's first year seems to be FLYING by so much more quickly than Jacob's did... each day and week and month seemed so much more... pronounced... having a 2 year old and 2 month old - well, the days seem so fast!
Delete