We started blogging our life as best friends, husband and wife, in 2006 shortly after we got married. Once we had children, I created a new blog for our growing family. This is our blog sharing the story of our life: beginning with our first pregnancy and our journey as parents to our beloved firstborn, BB1, who arrived in our world perfectly on 11.5.2010 and his precious sister, BB2, born on 10.6.2012, our sweet third baby, BB3, born 2.3.2015, our 3rd vivacious daughter, BB6, born on 5.1.2018 and our 2nd living son and final Bruffey Baby, BB8, born 6.23.2021. We also love our 3 greatly missed babies in Heaven, BB4 (born in Heaven at 5 weeks 5 days on 10.8.2016) BB5 (born still at 16 weeks on 2.5.2017), and BB7 (born in Heaven at 7 weeks 3 days on 10.23.2019). I will share my stories of our family, of being a wife, a mother, a home manager, a friend, a woman, a Hope Mom, and a person pursuing hope in Christ through life and death, joy and pain. Welcome to our journey!

"Show me the path where I should walk, O LORD; point out the right road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you."
Psalm 24: 4 - 5

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

2012 Trip to the Zoo

A Mom friend from my MOPS group posted on Facebook this morning asking if anyone wanted to join her and her 2 children for a trip to the zoo. I've needed some time out of the house and KNEW this would be perfect! We packed lunch, loaded both kiddos, and off we went! Wednesdays are half priced at the Fort Worth Zoo, and children 2 and under are free - so for $5 parking and my $6 ticket we had a great time outside of our 4 walls! We enjoyed time with friends and Jacob LOVED seeing all the animals.

Of course, every animal we saw, he would say, "I pet?!" He IS like his Daddy and his Mamaw (Bruffey) - he LOVES animals!

Jacob and his 2 buddies!

Hanging outside the MOLA (Museum of Living Art)

And he's off....

Looking at some orange birds - longing to pet them!

Checking out the sleeping rhino...

Seems we hit the zoo at nap time today

Fellow Mom with her 2 kiddos.

Looking intently at the bear...

...who was also napping.

A type of eagle

loved these birds as a kid

He was fascinating!

lots of resting animals today

Jacob giving the kangaroo a hug

My firstborn that I used to wear more often (as I'm now wearing his baby sister while taking this picture)... with a kangaroo wearing her little one... made me smile!

Checking out the penguins before heading home.

Thanks to Jennifer for her invite! We had a blast and will definitely go back (especially on a half price Wednesday)! I love seeing my son so curious and enjoying new things!

~ Mama Bruffey ~
Daughter of God, Wife of One, Mother of Two

No comments:

Post a Comment