We started blogging our life as best friends, husband and wife, in 2006 shortly after we got married. Once we had children, I created a new blog for our growing family. This is our blog sharing the story of our life: beginning with our first pregnancy and our journey as parents to our beloved firstborn, BB1, who arrived in our world perfectly on 11.5.2010 and his precious sister, BB2, born on 10.6.2012, our sweet third baby, BB3, born 2.3.2015, our 3rd vivacious daughter, BB6, born on 5.1.2018 and our 2nd living son and final Bruffey Baby, BB8, born 6.23.2021. We also love our 3 greatly missed babies in Heaven, BB4 (born in Heaven at 5 weeks 5 days on 10.8.2016) BB5 (born still at 16 weeks on 2.5.2017), and BB7 (born in Heaven at 7 weeks 3 days on 10.23.2019). I will share my stories of our family, of being a wife, a mother, a home manager, a friend, a woman, a Hope Mom, and a person pursuing hope in Christ through life and death, joy and pain. Welcome to our journey!

"Show me the path where I should walk, O LORD; point out the right road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you."
Psalm 24: 4 - 5

Sunday, December 9, 2012

A Christmas Road Trip to Houston

I took both kiddos for our 2nd big road trip to Houston to visit my parents. We aren't going to see them on Christmas this year, so I wanted some time with them. It was a special, kind of impromptu trip and it reminded me of the trips I used to take with just Jacob when he was a baby. Mother and I had some special times and chats and moments together taking care of my sweet babies and doing some Christmas shopping and planning. She sent back some gifts for our kiddos, so we now have gifts wrapped under our tree! We got to see my Daddy in the Christmas pageant at my parents' church, Spring Baptist Church. He was a GREAT Santa!
We drove down Thursday, 12.6.12 after Ruth Evelyn's 2 month checkup with our family doctor, Dr. Sharon Dennis (a former midwife!).
12.6.12
She fell asleep as I was checking out.

Great checkup! Her doctor said she looked great, has the head control of a 4 month old, and she was amazed at how Ruth not only smiles, coos, babbles, but also laughs! Ruth is now 10 lbs, 7.5 oz and 23 3/4 inches! So proud of our girl!

That evening after Daddy's dress rehearsal at church, my brother's wife, Angela, brought their son (my awesome nephew), Elijah, over to my parents' house for a little visit. With pregnancy limitations and then a newborn, I haven't seen him in months and he's growing so fast! He is all smiles and energy, loves to move and kick his sweet, strong legs! You can tell he's smart and curious about his little world! It was so good to snuggle him and see his little emerging personality in person. He even "talked" to me some - such a precious voice! He and Jacob had a little play time - fun to see cousins at their Grandparents house.

Our 2nd day in Houston had lots of family moments with my parents!
Granddaddy took Jacob, Ruth, and their Mama to Chick-Fil-A for lunch!
Jacob LOVES his Granddaddy!

Our bright-eyed girl enjoying lunch talk with Mama and Granddaddy!

Some evening love time with Grandmother

Saturday 12.8.12
This was a FULL day! Mother and I did some Christmas shopping and took Jacob for a haircut before attending my Dad's Christmas pageant. 

Playing with some older boys at Cool Cuts 4 Kids

Mama and Daughter doing some Christmas shopping.

Spring Baptist Church had a great pageant and community event for kids before the pageant.

Jacob enjoying a cookie before the pageant. Thanks SBC!

Some time with Grandmother waiting on the pageant to start and taking in the sights!

I love the Grandmother my Mother is to my precious children!

Mama, Jacob, me and Ruth Evelyn

The children's choir in the pageant. I love children singing in churches! I hope my kiddos one day are in pageants!

Daddy, his long-time friend Rick, and another church member as silly, dancing Santas in the pageant. Daddy is on the far right.

Daddy (on far right) dancing

Good job Daddy!! I love you so much and thank God for your health and role as Father in our family!

More children singing

Jacob and I took a walk around to look for Granddaddy after his performance and get some energy out. I got a picture of my sweet boy with one of the many beautiful Christmas trees!

A sweet gentleman stopped to help me get a smile from Jacob. Success!

12.9.12
Ruth a happy girl after some Mama's milk on our journey home from Houston.

Thanks Mama and Daddy for a great weekend. We always make special memories during our times with you! Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS and we look forward to more laughs, love and memories at your house!

~ Mama Bruffey ~
Daughter of God, Wife of One, Mother of Two

No comments:

Post a Comment