Well, so often I post about big events or trips or holidays in our little world. However, some of the most precious moments as a parent are those day-to-day moments with my children. Two of my favorite times of the day are breakfast and bed time. Jacob and I have always had awesome one-on-one moments at these two times of the day and now we share them with precious Ruth Evelyn. This morning, thought to grab the camera and film a glimpse of our evolving "new" breakfast time with my 2 little Bruffey babes. I've not blogged about the awful shooting in Connecticut because it seems so horrific and so devastating there just aren't words or musings that do justice to honoring the families and the community that has lost so much. So I mention it briefly here because I keep thinking of those families as we go through our days moment by moment - nothing changes in our day to day, yet things in our country and world are forever changed because of those sweet, innocent lives lost. We are processing it as a family and praying for those parents. As many parents I know have said, this terrible, unjust event has caused us to pause and just hold our children a little tighter and thank God for days - even when we aren't all in the best mood or having the best day - each day with our children in a world where life is just too short. This is one of those moments where my heart felt such contentment as we enjoyed a simple part of life where we were together and a family.
I love you, Jacob Parish Bruffey and Ruth Evelyn Bruffey. You are incredible blessings, created by God and lent to your Daddy and me as stewards of your precious lives.
~ Mama Bruffey ~
Daughter of God, Wife of One, Mother of Two
No comments:
Post a Comment