We started blogging our life as best friends, husband and wife, in 2006 shortly after we got married. Once we had children, I created a new blog for our growing family. This is our blog sharing the story of our life: beginning with our first pregnancy and our journey as parents to our beloved firstborn, BB1, who arrived in our world perfectly on 11.5.2010 and his precious sister, BB2, born on 10.6.2012, our sweet third baby, BB3, born 2.3.2015, our 3rd vivacious daughter, BB6, born on 5.1.2018 and our 2nd living son and final Bruffey Baby, BB8, born 6.23.2021. We also love our 3 greatly missed babies in Heaven, BB4 (born in Heaven at 5 weeks 5 days on 10.8.2016) BB5 (born still at 16 weeks on 2.5.2017), and BB7 (born in Heaven at 7 weeks 3 days on 10.23.2019). I will share my stories of our family, of being a wife, a mother, a home manager, a friend, a woman, a Hope Mom, and a person pursuing hope in Christ through life and death, joy and pain. Welcome to our journey!

"Show me the path where I should walk, O LORD; point out the right road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you."
Psalm 24: 4 - 5

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Trial Run of Jacob's Birthday Cake(s)

I have the CUTEST cake pan for Jacob's upcoming 1st birthday - themed "BUGS" (because he loves "Ten Little Lady Bugs", but Lady Bugs seemed girly to me, so I went with the general idea of bugs! :-) ) I decided to do a 2nd trial run on baking the bug cakes in this pan that makes 8 smaller cakes, 2 each of 4 different bugs: a butterfly, a bumble bee, a dragon fly, and a lady bug. The first trial run I wasn't content with because I think I got too much sugar or didn't beat the egg replacer enough, because the outside of the cakes was hard and the inside still a bit dough-y. The cake recipe is a white vegan cake from a friend I know through my sister who has 2 children with various food allergies - she's been a huge help for me as I figure out things to feed my little guy. I am really pleased with how the cakes turned out tonight, so had to take pictures!


This is the pan right after I took it out of the oven and had let it cool for a while. The cakes tend to rise above the top of the pan, so the I cut the rounded part off once they are cool so they will lay flat.


My little cakes!


The rounded parts that I cut off.


The cakes now have flat bottoms and are ready to take out of the pan, turn over and decorate!


My 8 little bugs!


Ladybug


Dragonfly


Butterfly


Bumblee Bee

2 comments:

  1. GREAT idea! cupcakes/cakes in portion sizes that are SOOOO adorable!!! And good idea to flatten the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute little cakes Elizabeth. Can't wait to see them decorated for the big day! I can't believe your little man is going to be 1 soon?!?! Where did the time go?

    ReplyDelete