We started blogging our life as best friends, husband and wife, in 2006 shortly after we got married. Once we had children, I created a new blog for our growing family. This is our blog sharing the story of our life: beginning with our first pregnancy and our journey as parents to our beloved firstborn, BB1, who arrived in our world perfectly on 11.5.2010 and his precious sister, BB2, born on 10.6.2012, our sweet third baby, BB3, born 2.3.2015, our 3rd vivacious daughter, BB6, born on 5.1.2018 and our 2nd living son and final Bruffey Baby, BB8, born 6.23.2021. We also love our 3 greatly missed babies in Heaven, BB4 (born in Heaven at 5 weeks 5 days on 10.8.2016) BB5 (born still at 16 weeks on 2.5.2017), and BB7 (born in Heaven at 7 weeks 3 days on 10.23.2019). I will share my stories of our family, of being a wife, a mother, a home manager, a friend, a woman, a Hope Mom, and a person pursuing hope in Christ through life and death, joy and pain. Welcome to our journey!

"Show me the path where I should walk, O LORD; point out the right road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you."
Psalm 24: 4 - 5

Friday, September 16, 2011

A Sick Family

An update on my precious family and thoughts on wellness.

Friday, September 16, 2011

Josh started feeling ill first.. the same symptoms as Jacob... it got worse and worse and eventually he had to leave work early (he never does) and went to the doctor! I knew he was sick! He had a fever and lots of nasty symptoms. I started feeling nauseous, then a fever hit. Jacob was still not 100% and threw up again Thursday night and then Friday morning. We took him back to his pediatrician today because he has just been crying and crying. Mother and I suspected ear infection and sure enough, mother's intuition was right! He has a left ear infection. Because he has still had trouble keeping things down, they gave him an antibiotic shot (one in each little leg :-( ). He has slept on and off all day all week and just can't seem to get enough rest nor feel like himself. So, the three of us are just pitiful. We thank you to friends and family who are praying. I'm sure we will face illness in our home over the years of child rearing, but oh I am doing all I can to figure out how to avoid it!! Jacob is always with me and the only childcare situation he was in recently was when I went to MOPS and the doctors think that is where he must have picked something up. But I need my MOPS time! I know, I can't hide him from the world, smile. My heart just breaks watching him be sick! And seeing my sweet, strong husband sick is heart wrenching, as well. I have my "Mommy Diagnostics" book and as soon as I stop feeling like I'm on a boat in the ocean and my tummy settles, I plan to read up on our various symptoms and see how to prevent and approach with herbs and some more natural approaches. But, as my awesome sister-in-law (mother of 4!) says, I want to keep one foot in each world - natural/homeopathic/holistic and modern medicine. I believe each has its place and God uses each for His purpose and glory in various ways - if only these two would walk together as siblings and not enemies as I find they often relate with such hostility. It is very hard on those of us who know that each have its place. Just the thought of one Mama. I know some Mamas who would have never let their little one get that antibiotic shot and others who would have pushed for even more intervention. I do what my heart and intuition tells me is right - covering in prayer and seeking God to guide me. 

But, that's just how I do it.

~ Mama Bruffey

No comments:

Post a Comment