We started blogging our life as best friends, husband and wife, in 2006 shortly after we got married. Once we had children, I created a new blog for our growing family. This is our blog sharing the story of our life: beginning with our first pregnancy and our journey as parents to our beloved firstborn, BB1, who arrived in our world perfectly on 11.5.2010 and his precious sister, BB2, born on 10.6.2012, our sweet third baby, BB3, born 2.3.2015, our 3rd vivacious daughter, BB6, born on 5.1.2018 and our 2nd living son and final Bruffey Baby, BB8, born 6.23.2021. We also love our 3 greatly missed babies in Heaven, BB4 (born in Heaven at 5 weeks 5 days on 10.8.2016) BB5 (born still at 16 weeks on 2.5.2017), and BB7 (born in Heaven at 7 weeks 3 days on 10.23.2019). I will share my stories of our family, of being a wife, a mother, a home manager, a friend, a woman, a Hope Mom, and a person pursuing hope in Christ through life and death, joy and pain. Welcome to our journey!

"Show me the path where I should walk, O LORD; point out the right road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you."
Psalm 24: 4 - 5

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Remembering Ruth


Some time with Ruth...remembering.

Josh and I went to Nashville September 1 - 6 for a time with family to honor Josh's parents, Clifford and Ruth Bruffey, and settle their ashes as a family. Josh and his sisters had time together and sorted through more of their parents' things. We were blessed with some of the canned goods Ruth had created from her own garden in the past few years. Last year, as a birthday gift, I had given her canning labels thinking she'd have them for years to come... these were given back to me. When I got home, I decided to sit in my kitchen and label Ruth's canned goods and remember her. I imagine her in her kitchen with fruits and vegetables grown by her own hand - working over a hot stove as she canned her harvest. I'll cherish these canned goods and use them a little at a time so we can remember her and how she provided for her family.

In honor of Ruth Ann Bruffey

She was so talented at making delicious salsa!

I can't wait to try this relish

Her beautifully delicious salsa - up close

I'll treasure each one!

I always thought there were years ahead and that I'd learn to can from Ruth just as I grew up watching my own mother can from our garden in Mississippi. I thought it just perfect that my mother-in-law was a fellow Mississippi girl. I envisioned my children and I together with Ruth in her garden and her teaching them about vegetables and gardening and canning. I imagined my mother being there with us - my children surrounded by God's earth, growing food as He intended, showered with love and instruction from both their grandmothers. We truly do not know how short life may be on this earth. I am so greatful for my amazing sisters-in-law - my other sisters! That they would share a part of their mother - her heart's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment