I love little boys in denim! I found these adorable overalls for my precious boy! Took a few fast pics one day before we had to leave - so he is propped up kind of oddly, but I just wanted to capture the moment. Also, we got a great new swing through freecycle! So we keep it in his room for now as an alternative to the swing in our living room. :-) Thanks to all freecycle users!!
So, for our beloved boy our biggest prayer right now is his sleep - at night, if and when we get him down, he sleeps in 2 hour increments like a newborn (up at 9pm, 11pm, 1am, 3am, 5am ,etc.) - so I am getting about 1.5 hours increments of sleep. He also cannot yet soothe himself well - he needs to nurse to soothe to sleep... and for naps in the day - if I'm able to get him to sleep (usually through nursing) he sleeps only about 40 minutes to 60 minutes (one sleep cycle)... I've read one book that is helping - "The No-cry Nap Solution" - it helped me pinpoint what was happening with Jacob's sleep... now just trying to implement solutions. My MOPS moms have been hugely helpful in just encouraging me and assuring me that around 6 months things get better and his sleep will start to consolidate more - my roomie from Baylor, Stephanie, says the same thing... I'm believing and praying for just this! We have a great nap routine that seems to help cue sleep with his sound machine, swaddling, etc. He's sleeping in his crib that we've made all cozy and actually put himself back to sleep this morning without crying - so we're making progress. He just isn't sleeping long enough for his tired Mama to get any real sleep and it is taking its toll on her... but our God is amazing and is providing some resources that will help me get rest and Jacob get love and care!
My prayer as a mother is one that I found in reading for MOPS yesterday - Psalm 139: 1-18 - I want to KNOW my children in this way - to understand their hearts and, through God's wisdom and guidance, meet their needs and be there for them as they travel through life.
My prayer as a mother is one that I found in reading for MOPS yesterday - Psalm 139: 1-18 - I want to KNOW my children in this way - to understand their hearts and, through God's wisdom and guidance, meet their needs and be there for them as they travel through life.
This weekend my Aunt Linda (Annie) and Granny are coming to visit - the first time for Annie to meet Jacob - I can't wait! Granny will be amazed how much he's grown and changed since Christmas.
February 22, 2011
Hangin' in my overalls
February 19, 2011
My new (FREE) swing!
Oh Jacob we love you!!
No comments:
Post a Comment