My sisters (Virginia Beard (twin) and Maren Hewes) and I get together once a year for a Sisters' Weekend. We alternate whose home city we gather in annually. This was our 5th annual Sisters' Weekend and this year we met up in Holland, Michigan where Virginia lives. To see more about this year's Sisters' Weekend - go to: http://joshuaandelizabeth.blogspot.com/2010/07/sisters-weekend-2010-our-5th-annual.html
Virginia and Maren are both marathoners and avid runners and Virginia is part of a running group through a local Gazelle store there in Holland. She and her running group planned a surprise shower for me and Baby Boy Bruffey!! Virginia had a wonderful prenatal massage planned on Saturday morning and then I arrived back at her home to a group of people and a surprise shower! It was WONDERFUL!
Thank you to the Holland Gazelle running group for giving of your time and generosity for a person you'd never met and to Virginia for your heart for your family and nephew! To Maren, Pam, and Carol - thank you for your support and being a part of this special day!
Robyn's house where I had my prenatal massage - she was AWESOME!
Virginia, Amy Lynn, and Maren
(Amy Lynn is the assistant coach for Virginia's running group and took on a lot of the coordinating, shopping, and planning for the shower while Virginia was in east Africa for 3 weeks - Thanks Amy Lynn - it was awesome!)
Amy Lynn - Coordinator Extraordinaire!
Beautiful, fresh flowers Amy Lynn bought at the Holland Farmer's Market
A cool picture
Another cool picture
The cake Virginia made - it had pineapples in it - YUM!
Close up of a pacifier on the cake
So cute!
Ladies enjoying the shower
(Virginia, Beth, Marissa, and Maren)
Chatting at the shower
Shower guests
(Amy Lynn, Marissa, Maren, and Carol)
My favorite shower treat!!! Virginia made this - it had cream cheese (I think) and chocolate chips, etc. - awesome!
Such great ladies!
(Cathy, baby Madison, Deb, and Jaye)
Virginia won the first guest drawing!
(all the guests who brought a Target gift card were entered into the drawing - great idea Amy Lynn!)
Cathy won the second guest drawing
Enjoying time at this surprise shower! (with Carol - Virginia's mother-in-law who drove in from Lansing)
Mommy to be!
Talking with Carol
Maren, Virginia, and Carol doing the other shower activity - decorating bibs!
A CUTE decoration used as a table centerpiece - that we'll use in our son's nursery
Maren's bib for our son - "I love my aunt"
(And we love you too, Tante Maren!)
"I love you my Mama" (Swahili - from Aunt Rup of course!)
"My Aunt Rup loves me" (and I love you too Aunt Rup!)
(another Swahili bib from Aunt Rup!)
Hysterical!
So creative!
It took me a second to get this one - then I loved it! "House White" means milk! :-)
Carol made this one - she is a huge Michigan State fan!
Amy Lynn made this one - her brother attends Texas Tech and she loved Lubbock!
I made these 2 - in honor of my nieces/nephews (Matthew, Taylor, Emma, Parker, Markus) and our son's other cousins (Baby Boy Thompson, Mallory, Chase, etc.) and, OF COURSE, my wonderful husband, Josh - the Daddy to be!
Our littlest guest - Cathy's daughter - so precious!
Ladies chatting
Maren - a great sister!
Target gift cards!
BOOKS! Josh and I both LOVE "Green Eggs and Ham"!!
SUCH a great book!!
How cute!
A great sister with a HUGE heart! We love you Aunt Rup!
Thank you all for such a special event! I cannot wait to use the gift cards to go shopping for our son, smile! May you be richly blessed in return for your generosity!
~ Elizabeth and Baby Boy Bruffey
awww how sweet! That is such a great idea to get together! I have two sisters too. We should take the time every year to get together like you and your sisters do.
ReplyDeleteWhat a precious shower!
Hey in the mens section at target they have a comfortable tee that says, "green eggs and ham" with the dr. seuss characters. I got it and it's so comfortable! Just thought I'd pass it along. :)
How fun!! Looks like you had a great time! Sisters are the best! I only have one, but I wouldn't trade her for the world!
ReplyDelete