We started blogging our life as best friends, husband and wife, in 2006 shortly after we got married. Once we had children, I created a new blog for our growing family. This is our blog sharing the story of our life: beginning with our first pregnancy and our journey as parents to our beloved firstborn, BB1, who arrived in our world perfectly on 11.5.2010 and his precious sister, BB2, born on 10.6.2012, our sweet third baby, BB3, born 2.3.2015, our 3rd vivacious daughter, BB6, born on 5.1.2018 and our 2nd living son and final Bruffey Baby, BB8, born 6.23.2021. We also love our 3 greatly missed babies in Heaven, BB4 (born in Heaven at 5 weeks 5 days on 10.8.2016) BB5 (born still at 16 weeks on 2.5.2017), and BB7 (born in Heaven at 7 weeks 3 days on 10.23.2019). I will share my stories of our family, of being a wife, a mother, a home manager, a friend, a woman, a Hope Mom, and a person pursuing hope in Christ through life and death, joy and pain. Welcome to our journey!

"Show me the path where I should walk, O LORD; point out the right road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you."
Psalm 24: 4 - 5

Friday, June 18, 2010

Our First "Baby Shower"!

This past weekend, my sweet mother showered us and her grandson-to-be with so many wonderful things. She came for a visit (along with my father) and brought so many gifts that I can't wait to use with our son!

The first thing that really touched me was this collection of books. In late 2007, a good friend of mine in Alabama had a baby shower and one of her guests gave her a collection of baby and children's books This guest knew books and authors for children and I remember thinking that it was an amazing gift for a mom-to-be! I had shared this with my mom and since that time she has been collecting books for her future grandchildren! I had no idea and was so surprised when she arrived with all these precious books for our son!! I am SO thrilled!




Our son's books!
The fuzzy one on the top shelf on the right is a Bible Story book and the cover looks like a bear


Also, mother has been sewing these beautiful baby blankets and matching burp cloths!


I love grandmother!

Blankets and burp cloths


3 of the sets mother made


Beautiful burp cloths!


Smile - I love grandma burp cloth


One of my favorites! It's a Boy!


Cute teddy bears!


This has a celtic design - SO us!


The matching blanket


Here are some of the blankets up close:

I love Mommy and Daddy

I love Grandma


Puppies!

Tiny hearts

Great colors! There is a burgundy that the picture doesn't show well - that matches our chosen bedding

Some other GREAT gifts from mother

How CUTE are these clothes!!


Great strap covers and (a favorite) closet organizer!! Separates clothes by sizes/ages


Diapers!!


These make me smile - I'm sure we'll use plenty!

Mother and I had a wonderful week together! Enjoying our puppies and even got our nails done!

Mama resting with her Henry

My toes! I love getting pedicures!

THANK YOU MAMA (and Daddy for your support)!!! Our son will be SO loved! And I can't wait for us all to meet him and use all these wonderful things to show him our love!


A greatful mother,
~ Elizabeth ~

No comments:

Post a Comment