We started blogging our life as best friends, husband and wife, in 2006 shortly after we got married. Once we had children, I created a new blog for our growing family. This is our blog sharing the story of our life: beginning with our first pregnancy and our journey as parents to our beloved firstborn, BB1, who arrived in our world perfectly on 11.5.2010 and his precious sister, BB2, born on 10.6.2012, our sweet third baby, BB3, born 2.3.2015, our 3rd vivacious daughter, BB6, born on 5.1.2018 and our 2nd living son and final Bruffey Baby, BB8, born 6.23.2021. We also love our 3 greatly missed babies in Heaven, BB4 (born in Heaven at 5 weeks 5 days on 10.8.2016) BB5 (born still at 16 weeks on 2.5.2017), and BB7 (born in Heaven at 7 weeks 3 days on 10.23.2019). I will share my stories of our family, of being a wife, a mother, a home manager, a friend, a woman, a Hope Mom, and a person pursuing hope in Christ through life and death, joy and pain. Welcome to our journey!

"Show me the path where I should walk, O LORD; point out the right road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you."
Psalm 24: 4 - 5

Saturday, June 5, 2010

20 Weeks!


(Photo by Libby Bonjour)

I cannot believe it, but we are already half way through our journey of pregnancy! Today marks my 20th week of pregnancy. What an adventure it has been! We learned a week ago that we are having a son and the meaning of preparing for parenthood has further crystalized as we talk and dream and pray about parenting a son. I've started reading "Bringing up Boys" by Dr. James Dobson and we've together been working on the nursery that will be our son's room.

Today, God brought a HUGE blessing through a new friend here in Fort Worth, Libby Bonjour. Her husband, also named Josh, is the associate pastor at New Life Deaf Fellowship where Josh and I have been attending. Josh and Libby have a son, Noah, who is 20 months old. Libby is great with a camera and asked if she could take pregnancy pictures of me!! I was thrilled with the idea of documenting in picture different stages of my pregnancy. So, today Libby and I met up at the BEAUTIFUL Fort Worth Botanical Gardens and took pictures in the Japanese Garden to capture my 2nd trimester and this half way point in our journey.

Here are a few more of Libby's amazing pictures!

Dreaming of his future

A happy mama

My baby!

Baby Bump at 20 Weeks


Our precious boy growing until the time for us to see him!

We love you Baby Boy Bruffey!

Libby - THANK YOU for such a precious gift! Your pictures are beautiful!!

To our son: Your Daddy and I are having such fun preparing for you to join our family. Today, after my photoshoot, your Daddy made me lunch and then helped me further prepare your nursery! The closet is all cleaned out and ready for us to fill with things for you! We cannot wait to meet you and see your precious face.

Things I've enjoyed thus far:
  1. Knowing God finally sent us YOU
  2. Seeing you on a sonogram for the first timem (April 4, 2010 in the ER)
  3. Hearing your heartbeat for the first time (at our first midwife appointment in April with Ann at Gentle Beginnings)
  4. Preparing your nursery with your Daddy (Memorial Day Weekend 2010 and beyond)
  5. Dreaming about you with your grandmother (Parish)
  6. Telling our family  that you were coming AND that you are a boy - your Grandmother, Granddaddy, Aunt Rup, Aunt Maren, Greatgrandother (Granny), Great Aunt Linda (Annie), Great Aunt Shirley, Great Uncle Paul, Cousins Scott, Katie, Tommy, Courtney, Ryan, Mamaw, Aunt Beryl, Uncle Scott, Auntie Kay, Uncle Brian, Aunt Emily, Cousins Matthew, Taylor, Emma, and Parker are all SO excited to meet you!
  7. Feeling you move! I wasn't sure at first - but now I'm starting to recognize the fluttering within that lets me know you're awake and saying hello - it seems you're a night owl like your Daddy!
I LOVE you much my son!
~ Elizabeth

3 comments:

  1. Elizabeth, I LOVE these pictures. Great colors in your shirt. Those are definitely your colors girl:) I'm so glad I noticed you have two blogs at the end of your email so I can follow along!! How exciting:)
    You look so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to say- the first and last pictures are my favorite:) Those should definitely be framed and put in the baby's room:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My baby girl and my baby boy! :)

    ReplyDelete