We started blogging our life as best friends, husband and wife, in 2006 shortly after we got married. Once we had children, I created a new blog for our growing family. This is our blog sharing the story of our life: beginning with our first pregnancy and our journey as parents to our beloved firstborn, BB1, who arrived in our world perfectly on 11.5.2010 and his precious sister, BB2, born on 10.6.2012, our sweet third baby, BB3, born 2.3.2015, our 3rd vivacious daughter, BB6, born on 5.1.2018 and our 2nd living son and final Bruffey Baby, BB8, born 6.23.2021. We also love our 3 greatly missed babies in Heaven, BB4 (born in Heaven at 5 weeks 5 days on 10.8.2016) BB5 (born still at 16 weeks on 2.5.2017), and BB7 (born in Heaven at 7 weeks 3 days on 10.23.2019). I will share my stories of our family, of being a wife, a mother, a home manager, a friend, a woman, a Hope Mom, and a person pursuing hope in Christ through life and death, joy and pain. Welcome to our journey!

"Show me the path where I should walk, O LORD; point out the right road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you."
Psalm 24: 4 - 5

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Jacob, Mommy, & Baby B #2 Travel to Houston

While I do all I can to keep Baby B #2 safe during our first trimester, Jacob and I have been so blessed by family stepping in to help. My Granny stayed with us for 2 1/2 weeks, then it worked out for Jacob, Granny and I to come to Houston so I will stay with my parents for a month or so to get through the trimester. Us coming when we did means we are here in plenty of time for the baby shower to celebrate my littlest nephew, Elijah Latheal Parish, and his Daddy and Mommy (my brother, Chip, and sister-in-law, Angela). 
I've had a rough couple of days in terms of nausea and fatigue and am so glad we are here.  This afternoon, I started feeling a bit better and just wanted some time with my boy, so he, Mother, Daddy, and I walked to a local park for Jacob to feed the ducks and swing - a favorite of his!


We saw ducks!


We tried to feed them bread, but they were really interested in something they were “fishing” for under the water.


Then we got to SWING! Jacob just LIGHTS UP when he’s swinging!


WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!


grandmother helped me slide!


I LOVE this!!


PURE JOY!


He is just such a cutie!


OH to know this freedom and delight!


A moment with my Granddaddy!


My grandmother is the best!!


Grandmother knows I LOVE to FLY!


Watch Meeeeeee!


Reaching for the sky!


Just having the best time!


Grandmother is so much fun!
She hid in this tube and I had a blast finding her!


I SEE you Grandmother!!!


Where’d you go?

It is such a blessing to have a loving family that can allow me to take care of BOTH my babies how they each need. Thank you to Granny, Mother, and Daddy for being there for us during this season of our family!

~ Elizabeth
Mama of 2

No comments:

Post a Comment