We started blogging our life as best friends, husband and wife, in 2006 shortly after we got married. Once we had children, I created a new blog for our growing family. This is our blog sharing the story of our life: beginning with our first pregnancy and our journey as parents to our beloved firstborn, BB1, who arrived in our world perfectly on 11.5.2010 and his precious sister, BB2, born on 10.6.2012, our sweet third baby, BB3, born 2.3.2015, our 3rd vivacious daughter, BB6, born on 5.1.2018 and our 2nd living son and final Bruffey Baby, BB8, born 6.23.2021. We also love our 3 greatly missed babies in Heaven, BB4 (born in Heaven at 5 weeks 5 days on 10.8.2016) BB5 (born still at 16 weeks on 2.5.2017), and BB7 (born in Heaven at 7 weeks 3 days on 10.23.2019). I will share my stories of our family, of being a wife, a mother, a home manager, a friend, a woman, a Hope Mom, and a person pursuing hope in Christ through life and death, joy and pain. Welcome to our journey!

"Show me the path where I should walk, O LORD; point out the right road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you."
Psalm 24: 4 - 5

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Post #4: Family

What an amazing Christmas season with family this turned out to be! So many unexpected blessings and time with the people I love! Having Emma here and my sweet Jacob made this an incredible holiday for me! 

Some girl time while Jacob naps - playing cards!

Christmas Eve breakfast - Emma's favorite!

My babywearing niece!!

She is rockin' this Babyhawk Mei Tai!

Daddy finally arrives!

My mother's gorgeous table!

One of 4 Christmas trees in my mother's home!

Ready for Christmas Eve service.

I am SO glad Emma was with us this year!

Christmas Eve Skype time with family in TN!
And she got to open her traditional sibling gift!

Good job Taylor! Emma loves her new Barbies!

It's Christmas!

Jacob's gift from mama and daddy!

Emma helping Mama hand out stockings.

My sweet boy on Christmas day!

Ready to open presents with family: Emma in her new sweat shirt from my mother and Jacob in his special Christmas outfit!

a ride on truck from Granddaddy and Grandmother!

Santa brought Emma some great Barbie clothes

Looking cute!

Cousins - just love this time together!

My awesome new purse from Chip and Angela.

Trying out his new truck

Chip, Angela, Elijah and the Ole Miss Black Bear from Aunt Rup!

Emma's locket bracelet sent from TN from her mother.

Mother and Daddy!

Baby Ole Miss shoes for Elijah!

So that's how you do it, Daddy?

I think I can do this...

Wait, can you show me again?

OH! I got it!

A great bath toy from Aunt Angela!

A prerecorded book from Uncle Chip and Aunt Angela!

My snowman boy the day after Christmas!

Ready for another day of play!

LOVIN' his tunnel!

Making Granddaddy laugh!

I want some of that biscuit Daddy!

Loves Grandmother's lights!

Wearing his huntin' gear from our Parish family!

Playing cards. She called Chip, "Chip the Cheater!" They were hysterical!

Playing with the tunnel from Santa!

Emma is a great piano player and she and Jacob had a great time!

The night before we went home, Mother and Daddy took us out to dinner at Olive Garden and Emma enjoyed a Black Tie Chocolate Mousse cake!

And Jacob enjoyed eating the coasters!

Our final morning in Houston, Emma's favorite breakfast!

Now that looks yummmmmmmy!

Dig in girl!

Jacob is fully weaned... and drinking soy milk!

I think back to this time last year... wow what a difference a year makes! And this has been a special Christmas season with family that I'll never forget! I SO missed having my twin sister and brother-in-law here and look forward to being with them next year and long for time with our TN family... but this has been a unique, amazing Christmas and I thank God for His blessings and miracles this Christmas season as we celebrated THE gift of His son, Jesus.


2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a really nice Christmas!! Love your niece's name:). I also really like your purse! I've been wanting a metallic gold or silver purse, but just haven't found exactly what I'm want yet....plus I've been a little preoccupied:). Josh is getting so big and more handsome each day!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelly! The purse was a gift from my brother and sis-in-law - I had wanted that style for a while. Now I'm going to find a matching wallet! They found it at Kohl's. I can't wait to see your little girl!! Yes - they grow really fast just like everyone says... SIGH. Love you!

    ReplyDelete