I've many pictures to sort and blog posts to create about our holiday season to share pictures with family and friends... but not sure when that will happen! It was an incredible, special holiday season, mixed with a few health issues for me (mastitis and an abscess with staph infection and trips to the ER!), but so many special moments with family!
Tonight I sit in my peaceful home contemplating a song I made up to sing/sign/pray with Jacob back when I was just a few weeks pregnant with Ruth Evelyn... while we lived with my parents and prayed for our sweet BB2 to live...
"Jesus, thank you for today,
For Mom and Dad and the fun we've had,
For Grandmother, Granddaddy,
And all our family...
Lord, please help Jacob sleep (all night)
And give Daddy the job that's right
And please protect our baby...
aaaaaaa-aaaaa-MEN!"
It's funny, Jacob's been sleeping all night for a long time, but I still pray for his sleep! He's a lighter sleeper, like his Daddy, and I want him to always get the sleep he needs. Sometimes, we change the song up and pray for Ruth as she learns to sleep day and night and is doing so well, but overall I still pray for her protection and worry for her little life as we navigate the tender newborn/infant days and months - it's my mother's heart that longs to see her always healthy and growing and thriving. Even as she is all these things, I know how fragile life can be and want to see my children grow, grow, grow healthy and seeking God... so I still pray for protection even as I hold them in my arms.
Now, as God leads us to a new journey, we sign/sing/pray the last part a bit differently...
"...Lord please help Jacob sleep (all night)
And thanks for giving Dad the job that's right
And please protect our Ruuuuth...
AAAAAA...aaaaa...MEN!"
There are 3 main parts to this prayer and even as I type I am in awe of how they've been answered! What a powerful God we serve and I'm so humbled as I take this moment to reflect on His work blessing us in 2012... thank you Lord!:
1. Jacob sleeping all night - he had a rough start to life health-wise and it hindered his sleep for months, so we prayed all. the. time. for him to sleep and worked hard at routine and consistency. his naps hit a rhythm around 7 months and night sleep was pretty consistent with him sleeping all night around 10 months, but there would still be seasons of night wakings and it was hard to know when or why... so even at 14 and 15 months I would pray for him to sleep all night - we started this song at about 15 months... and now he is one of the best little toddler sleepers!! I thank God for the sleep Jacob gets with both daily naps and great night sleep because I know it helps his body grow and be healthy! Whew! What a first year of life it was!
2. Job for Josh that was right for him and our family - we've desired this for a long time and Josh recently got a job offer that he accepted that is just what we've prayed for!!!!
3. Ruth and her sweet life - when I made up the song, we were in my first trimester of being pregnant and I was on a modified "bed rest" / light duty and living with my parents to help with Jacob as we got through the last 5 or so weeks of the trimester and taught Jacob skills like climbing in and out of the car/carseat, climbing in and out of his bed, etc. so that I did not have to lift him as much. We didn't know if our baby #2 would live and I prayed so often for the life of that sweet baby. Now I hold her in my arms daily/nightly and though I still have "Mama's worry" where I have to trust the Lord with both my sweet children, Ruth Evelyn is alive and beautiful and healthy!
God is good - and so neat to see answered prayer and think of it each time we pray and sing and sign together, me and my boy! Thank you Lord for Josh's job that will soon begin - after years of praying - and who would have thought Lubbock? Yes, the Bruffeys are packing up and headed WEST! We have a house to sell in Fort Worth, so who knows when we'll actually move, but I've started researching Lubbock and am excited about all that God will have for us there and how we'll be able to serve Him and our family in this new home. I'll greatly miss the proximity to my parents in Houston and my other sister/best friend in Dallas. I know God goes before us and is already beginning to cultivate hearts for relationships we will have there and I am already praying for surrogate "family" there like we've had in our other homes in AL, KY, and even here in Fort Worth, but I'll have to find time to bring my little family to Sachse and Spring for sure!
I think of Sarah following Abraham to a place God would show them. This is so what this feels like to me! And God knows the plans He has and we pray to be a part of what He is doing in Lubbock! I am proud of my husband - as I always have been! I've always seen the strength and leadership God has given him and am so eager to see what our family life will be like with this new adventure to come!
And I think I need to update our song somehow for 2013 with new prayers!
Excited for what's to unfold in 2013!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment