June 7, 2011
Jacob has been swimming 2 times in real pools - once Memorial Day weekend in Houston at a friend of my parent's and once with Josh and me at our community pool. Today, I finally blew up a kiddie pool I bought of amazon.com so he could swim on our back porch! It is a GREAT pool! It has a mushroom top so adds extra shade and these inflatable toys that can attach to the pool or be used as toys. Jacob wasn't sure at first and just sat for a bit, but then warmed up to it and splashed and even crawled around some and laughed at Kylee (she wanted to drink the pool water)! It was fun so of course I had to grab my camera! Here are some pictures, and even a short movie (for Jacob's daddy who is at work - and loves being a part of the moments with his son, so I had to make a movie for him :-) ). It's amazing to see Jacob growing and learning - how he was barely "tripod" sitting and now, in the past day, he is much more able to sit upright unassisted and not fall after a few seconds. And he laughs at things around him and not just when we are working like crazy to ellicit a laugh - mostly when either of the dogs cough or sneeze he cracks up. And he is ticklish - I tickled under his arm the other day and he belly-laughed! So fun!
A movie right after I put him in the pool:
Pictures:
A movie right after I put him in the pool:
Pictures:
Not sure about this - certainly isn't warm like the bath I love!
Isn't this the cutest pool?? :-)
Hmmm... not so sure, Mama.
Wait, this stuff is kind of cool...
Whoa! It's cold!
I think I LIKE this!
Yep - the bink has got to go!!
(I didn't realize I caught him spitting it out until I looked at the pictures after)
OK - what to do first?
I want to hold this water stuff :-)
ooooo - this is cool!
SPLASH!
This is FUN!
HAHA! Kylee you are funny!
(Kylee sneezed)
Hey bud, can I drink some of that water you're in?
Maybe I can splash over here...
Yep! It splashes, too!
Splash! Splash!
Water is SO fascinating!
OH! I see something else - a flower!
This pool has inflatable toys that attach to the pool or can come off and played with.
It was like $12 on amazon.com - HIGHLY recommended! A great pool for babies!
Jacob - you are FASCINATING to watch as you learn and grow! SO proud of you! And love that you took a great nap after swimming! We may swim EVERY DAY this summer before afternoon nap time! YAY!
Love,
Mama
I love that pool...too cute!!
ReplyDelete