We started blogging our life as best friends, husband and wife, in 2006 shortly after we got married. Once we had children, I created a new blog for our growing family. This is our blog sharing the story of our life: beginning with our first pregnancy and our journey as parents to our beloved firstborn, BB1, who arrived in our world perfectly on 11.5.2010 and his precious sister, BB2, born on 10.6.2012, our sweet third baby, BB3, born 2.3.2015, our 3rd vivacious daughter, BB6, born on 5.1.2018 and our 2nd living son and final Bruffey Baby, BB8, born 6.23.2021. We also love our 3 greatly missed babies in Heaven, BB4 (born in Heaven at 5 weeks 5 days on 10.8.2016) BB5 (born still at 16 weeks on 2.5.2017), and BB7 (born in Heaven at 7 weeks 3 days on 10.23.2019). I will share my stories of our family, of being a wife, a mother, a home manager, a friend, a woman, a Hope Mom, and a person pursuing hope in Christ through life and death, joy and pain. Welcome to our journey!

"Show me the path where I should walk, O LORD; point out the right road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you."
Psalm 24: 4 - 5

Monday, October 11, 2010

38 Weeks... and counting!

Wow - it is hard to believe we've reached 38 weeks! Well... there is actually some debate on our due date. Our original due date we set with our midwife based on when we thought we got pregnant was October 30th, but after some early complications that lead to about 3 sonograms in 2 weeks, it turned out our little guy was about a week further along than we thought, so we set it at October 23rd. October 30th is still on our midwife's books, since it was just a week difference. So, we aren't 100% anymore WHAT Jacob's due date is, though Josh and I have been following the sonogram due dates (October 23rd) since we were about 11 weeks along. But, God could have a reason and is trying to tell us this little one is coming later than we think! Due dates are pretty vague anyway - God knows when it is our time to born and only HE knows when Jacob will join us! We had an awesome photoshoot on October 6th with a friend from church (Libby Bonjour - AWESOME with a camera) and treasure these pictures!



I have been contemplating this journey of pregnancy, preparing for parenthood, and wanting to meet this little one who has been my constant companion for almost 9 months. I will MISS these one-on-one times where it is just me and him... I can talk, sing, pray, joke - and it is just me and my little guy. I know those times will be shared with so many wonderful family members in the weeks to come, but I'll miss it being just me and my Jacob.

Musings on the my body: There are so many physical parts to pregnancy that I NEVER could have imagined! I wonder that there aren't classes required before you can try to conceive! I have had several little anomolies in my physical experience of pregnancy. I am SO blessed to have a great chiropractor who has helped keep me from getting frustrated with the little aches and pains that I would never have imagined "some" women can have! There is also this surreal experience of having another person living, growing, INSIDE your body - this independent being who is still dependent on me, his mother. Amazing! We KNOW he is independent! When our midwife, Ann, feels around to check his position, he will roll out of the way! He's done that for several weeks and even when he was TINY early on, when they would use the doppler to measure his heartrate, he would jump with in moments of them finding it and they'd have to go searching again for that tiny, fast "thump, thump, thump"! He is his own little man already! I DO look forward to Jacob being on the outside world... and my body allowing me to just suddenly jump out of a chair to run do something... or really just to "suddenly" move at all! Smile! I've learned a lot and know how I want to prepare physically for any future pregnancies! I must say, God is HIS wisdom is awesome in how He designed a woman's body to prepare for pregnancy, labor, delivery... so many things that are woven in to place. I am greatful for the journey that God has so allowed! We hope and pray for more such journeys of pregnancy in the years to come!

Musings on mental preparation: I've been having dreams lately - about Jacob being here and all that he and I will learn in those early days as mother and son - from feeding, clothing, etc. I can't wait to see what he looks like! I SO look forward to seeing the Parish/Bruffey parts of him in his face, hands, feet, etc. It is odd how NORMAL it feels to be preparing to be a mother. There are moments when Josh and I look at each other and say, "we have NO idea what we're getting in to!" and we just smile... we know God will teach us as we go. But other times it feels so normal... almost like when I was preparing to be a wife and it just felt right.

Musings on having a son: I can't imagine NOT having a son! I am so mentally set on having a boy at this point - I am just excited to be a part of raising him and seeing the man God will make him! I can't wait to see HIS "wild at heart" heart! I can't wait to see him playing with his Daddy and Uncles and Grandfather and cousins! He has amazing men in his life that I just look forward to seeing him learn from and admire them! I want to teach him how to love and respect women and how to be a "man's man" that is driven and confident - a man of his word. I want to allow him to BE a man - to hold my breath as he tries that daring thing that I'd rather hold him back from - but know his "wild at heart" heart just HAS to try. I'll need God's wisdom for sure on that! I can't wait to see him grow with our little dogs and see if he has his Daddy's and Mamaw's heart for these little creatures. I just imagine the times of catching him feeding part of his sandwich to Kylee or Betsey because "Mom! They just look so hungry!" even though they are WELL fed and loved dogs. I pray he has his father's heart for people - the one who loves to help those who are in need in a way that shows respect and maintains dignity. Oh a boy! What a blessing!

Musings on Jacob with our family: I look forward to introducing him to my dad - to seeing my Daddy hold his grandson - I just can't wait for that moment! I look forward to the memories my mother and I will make as we share motherhood/grandmotherhood and seek to guide this boy into manhood. I will LOVE watching my brother be an uncle, my sister an aunt, my nieces and nephews love on their newest cousin! And OH how I can't wait to take him to TN to visit! His Auntie Kay, Aunt Beryl, and 4 cousins (Matthew, Taylor, Emma, Parker) are coming to meet him in November... and I look forward to the MANY memories with these cousins as the years unfold! He'll also have a BLAST with our MS, LA family! His Uncle Chip has already nicknamed him "Cubbie", which I LOVE! And his Uncle Scott (in TN) has nicknamed him "Cob" (from jaCOB) - LOVE it! I couldn't ask for better men to be in his life! And of course, the main man that I am SO blessed to have raise my son is his father! Josh - you will be an INCREDIBLE father! Jacob is SO very blessed to have you to call his Daddy! I cannot wait to see you with him! And wow how I HOPE he picks up German from his Tante Maren and "cousin" Markus!! We will have such fun as mothers of sons!! To Grandmother, Grandaddy, Aunt Rup, Uncle Josh, Tante Maren, Mr. Greg, Markus, Uncle Chip, Aunt Angela, Annie, Granny, Uncle Paul, Aunt Shirley, Cousin Tommy/Courtney and Lathan, Cousin Ryan, Cousin Scott, Cousin Katie, Auntie Kay, Uncle Brian, Aunt Beryl, Uncle Scott, Cousin Matthew, Cousin Taylor, Cousin Emma, Cousin Parker, Cousin/Aunt Kim, Cousin Mallory, and Cousin Chase - I cannot wait for Jacob to know you and be a part of all our amazing family memories!!


Well, we have either 12 days or 19 days until a due date - and God knows the time of Jacob's birth (Ecclesiastes 3:2)! We can't wait to meet him!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! You look lovely!! I especially love the one with Jacob's name spelled out on your beautiful belly! Congrats...such an exciting time!

    ReplyDelete