My Dearest Ruth Evelyn:
You are 10 Months Old!
It is hard to wrap my mind around my daughter being 10 months old. 2 digits... seems way too close to 1! This past month has gone so fast with lots of traveling, family time, and milestones. I just love being a part of your life and seeing you learn, grow, change and your personality emerge.
You now take 2 to 3 steps at a time (and the morning of your 10 month birthday you took 7 across the kitchen to your Daddy!). You consistently sign "MILK", blow kisses, and sometimes wave "bye bye". You still adore your brother and want to do everything he does (though he doesn't always want you to); Jacob is quick to make sure you're ok and offer to share his snacks and toys... though not his binky (that fascinates you when we are getting him ready for his afternoon nap). You both love to laugh and tickle and play in your brother's ball pit. You've started trying to grab Jacob's hair to get close to him - he's not a fan... so we're working on "gentle hands". You have officially discovered Kylee's water bowl... Mama's not a fan... so we redirect often. You do enjoy our shared tupperware cabinet! You continue to enjoy books and dancing. When music starts, you start dancing and it is adorable! When you're Daddy comes home, you just light up and smile! You are my social butterfly, but if I hold either your elephant lovey or your baby doll on my shoulder, you will snuggle close! And once in a while, when I pick you up amidst your play time, you'll just snuggle your head on my shoulder (and do the same with Daddy) - we love this!
Nutrition: You still are nursing so well! This is still your primary nutrition, but as you neared 10 months, there were a couple of times you digested some of the food we offered - it showed up in your diapers as digested and that was interesting! Takes cloth diapering to a whole new level! But most days we still do just breastmilk. I want to protect your little gut and take solids slowly, while still letting you guide... after your 10 month birthday, you've started showing even more interest when we're all eating, so I offer a little at dinner and sometimes when Jacob has his afternoon snack. You enjoy veggie sticks and veggie chips! I think they feel good on your gums. You still have just 4 teeth, but there is one that you are working on but it's taking forever! I made this homemade teething oil and we are loving it! I can tell it soothes your little mouth!
You have gotten to travel a lot this month and were a part of your first Sisters' Weekend with Aunt Rup and Tante Maren. More on this below!
Sleep: Unlike our time in Houston, you decided days with the girls meant naps were for OTHER babies. So, back to one nap a day and a toss up about the 2nd nap. But Tante Maren, AKA the baby whisperer, got you to sleep and help you for an entire afternoon nap one day when I got so stressed about it - and she and Aunt Rup sent Mama for some time alone - it was such a blessing to know you got the sleep you need in the arms of a loving aunt while I got to run out and refresh! We are still navigating our journey as far as your schedule - but starting the day after we got back from Dallas, you decided you'd just lay in your crib and fall asleep easily for your morning nap! I did our usual routine and started singing and you arched your back and fussed so I laid you in your crib - you rolled over and settled and fell asleep within minutes. So, you start this month falling asleep all by yourself for night times AND morning nap. But you still feel like that afternoon nap - well, it's optional. We keep trying because I'll see you yawn or act tired and so I just have to give it a try. We've gotten a second nap in a few times through nursing to sleep - but sometimes even that isn't working! Your Granny says you are just an extrovert! I wondered if maybe you were transitioning WAY early to one nap a day (when your brother transitioned, he would nap easily in the mornings and then refuse to sleep in the afternoons - but he was 15 months old!). So, I've tried twice just skipping your morning nap and doing an afternoon nap - you did go down for the afternoon nap, but it was a battle... and then bed time you had a HARD time going to sleep. So, we keep the morning nap! And keep trying for the afternoon nap so you don't get too tired. I have found that, if you don't take that 2nd nap, I just bump bed time 30 minutes to an hour earlier and you go right to sleep. Whew! I am seeing that, with you my sweet girl, we take life truly one day at a time and seek God for how He designed your needs so I learn best how to love and nurture your young life.
Here are some pictures from our past month and, of course, a few marking your 10th month!
SISTERS' WEEEKEND 2013
Aunt Rup Visits Lubbock
You are 10 Months Old!
Our photoshoots are so much more interesting! You were not going to stay on the couch this time!
So, we hit the floor and you enjoyed your toothbrush!
I had fun with you wearing your zebra diaper we recently got (in honor of Grandmother)!
It is hard to wrap my mind around my daughter being 10 months old. 2 digits... seems way too close to 1! This past month has gone so fast with lots of traveling, family time, and milestones. I just love being a part of your life and seeing you learn, grow, change and your personality emerge.
You now take 2 to 3 steps at a time (and the morning of your 10 month birthday you took 7 across the kitchen to your Daddy!). You consistently sign "MILK", blow kisses, and sometimes wave "bye bye". You still adore your brother and want to do everything he does (though he doesn't always want you to); Jacob is quick to make sure you're ok and offer to share his snacks and toys... though not his binky (that fascinates you when we are getting him ready for his afternoon nap). You both love to laugh and tickle and play in your brother's ball pit. You've started trying to grab Jacob's hair to get close to him - he's not a fan... so we're working on "gentle hands". You have officially discovered Kylee's water bowl... Mama's not a fan... so we redirect often. You do enjoy our shared tupperware cabinet! You continue to enjoy books and dancing. When music starts, you start dancing and it is adorable! When you're Daddy comes home, you just light up and smile! You are my social butterfly, but if I hold either your elephant lovey or your baby doll on my shoulder, you will snuggle close! And once in a while, when I pick you up amidst your play time, you'll just snuggle your head on my shoulder (and do the same with Daddy) - we love this!
Nutrition: You still are nursing so well! This is still your primary nutrition, but as you neared 10 months, there were a couple of times you digested some of the food we offered - it showed up in your diapers as digested and that was interesting! Takes cloth diapering to a whole new level! But most days we still do just breastmilk. I want to protect your little gut and take solids slowly, while still letting you guide... after your 10 month birthday, you've started showing even more interest when we're all eating, so I offer a little at dinner and sometimes when Jacob has his afternoon snack. You enjoy veggie sticks and veggie chips! I think they feel good on your gums. You still have just 4 teeth, but there is one that you are working on but it's taking forever! I made this homemade teething oil and we are loving it! I can tell it soothes your little mouth!
You have gotten to travel a lot this month and were a part of your first Sisters' Weekend with Aunt Rup and Tante Maren. More on this below!
Sleep: Unlike our time in Houston, you decided days with the girls meant naps were for OTHER babies. So, back to one nap a day and a toss up about the 2nd nap. But Tante Maren, AKA the baby whisperer, got you to sleep and help you for an entire afternoon nap one day when I got so stressed about it - and she and Aunt Rup sent Mama for some time alone - it was such a blessing to know you got the sleep you need in the arms of a loving aunt while I got to run out and refresh! We are still navigating our journey as far as your schedule - but starting the day after we got back from Dallas, you decided you'd just lay in your crib and fall asleep easily for your morning nap! I did our usual routine and started singing and you arched your back and fussed so I laid you in your crib - you rolled over and settled and fell asleep within minutes. So, you start this month falling asleep all by yourself for night times AND morning nap. But you still feel like that afternoon nap - well, it's optional. We keep trying because I'll see you yawn or act tired and so I just have to give it a try. We've gotten a second nap in a few times through nursing to sleep - but sometimes even that isn't working! Your Granny says you are just an extrovert! I wondered if maybe you were transitioning WAY early to one nap a day (when your brother transitioned, he would nap easily in the mornings and then refuse to sleep in the afternoons - but he was 15 months old!). So, I've tried twice just skipping your morning nap and doing an afternoon nap - you did go down for the afternoon nap, but it was a battle... and then bed time you had a HARD time going to sleep. So, we keep the morning nap! And keep trying for the afternoon nap so you don't get too tired. I have found that, if you don't take that 2nd nap, I just bump bed time 30 minutes to an hour earlier and you go right to sleep. Whew! I am seeing that, with you my sweet girl, we take life truly one day at a time and seek God for how He designed your needs so I learn best how to love and nurture your young life.
Here are some pictures from our past month and, of course, a few marking your 10th month!
7.9.13 Playing at home
7.11.13 Some time in the pool
7.11.13 My little lady
7.12.13 Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-Fil-A
7.12.13 You were so serious - I think getting a bit tired, but we 4 Bruffey Cows had so much fun! (well, really your Daddy and I were Cows, and you were our little calf, and your brother was a cowboy - he wasn't a fan of dressing up like a cow ;-) )
7.14.13 Ready for Church - a girl and her first beaux
7.14.13 Afternoon Swim
SISTERS' WEEEKEND 2013
Aunt Rup Visits Lubbock
7.19.13
Aunt Rup snuggled you close after your nap (that was reallllly short - she was hoping to rock you back to sleep ;-) )
Time with Grandparents in Dallas
Grandmother and Granddaddy drove up to Dallas for the weekend before we met up with Tante Maren.
7.20.13 A boy and his Granddaddy
7.21.13
A Day with your Grandparents and then Tante Maren and Family
Mirror, mirror...
You picked up my phone and held it just like this - a favorite of mine!
Your handsome big brother in front of a waterfall in our hotel that he loved!
Going for a ride with Grandmother!
Telling Granddaddy a story!
He loves his grandparents!
A quick snuggle!
Tante Maren
A sweet moment with Tante Maren and Grandmother
Practicing those walking skills
Family in Dallas
Granddaddy made you laugh!
Playing with Markus' letter board
7.22.13 You loved this car at Tante Maren's house!
7.23.13 A Boston Marathon medal is a GREAT "teething" necklace!
7.23.13 It sure is fun to join the girls at Sisters' Weekend Mama!
7.29.13 Some baby led weaning at home - bell peppers, guacamole and veggie chips - yum!
7.31.13 Closing out July!
A little quinoa pasta - YUM!

Just saving some for later, Mama!
August! Your 10th month draws to a close!
8.1.13 We surprised you and Jacob with a new train table!
8.1.13 Your Daddy picked you up and you snuggled your head on his shoulder - but then perked up when I grabbed the camera!
The Big Latch On
8.2.13 We latched on and were counted!
8.2.13 Mamas from the group your Mama founded here in Lubbock - Lubbock Crunchy Moms! We now have over 60 members! It has been such a blessing to us in our new home town!
We own this great hat for you in one of the drawings!
How cute is this?!
Sunday, 8.4.13
We decided to take Jacob for his first visit to an ice cream shop. We chose Baskin Robbins because your Mama grew up going there with Grandmother and Granddaddy when I was a little girl. Jacob loved it! We left you in your carseat for the first time and you did great! We did figure out that we needed to lower your seat's handle!
Daddy did a great job making you laugh!
8.6.13
A few more from your 10 month photoshoot!
We started your pictures before Jacob woke up. The moment you heard him at his door, you sped off to see him!
He wasn't so sure about starting his day for a camera... you were so sad when he shut his door.
A moment later, his door opened again - and it seems he just needed his hat!
Good morning Jacob!
Slowly waking up.
My beautiful kiddos - I love y'all!
Cruising along your brother's bed
A few steps for the camera? Sure thing Mama!
Telling us a story.
My sweet daughter - we are having so much fun getting to know you! I am grateful our God sent you into our family! I am getting so excited to celebrate your first full year of life with us! I love your kisses, seeing your little hands express your thoughts, hearing you laugh, seeing you smile, and staring into those big, beautiful eyes!
~ Mama Bruffey ~


























































So many cute pictures!!! Noodles in the hair is so funny!!! Emma used to hold phones the same way RUth is. I loved it too:) The chick-fil-a outfits are adorable!!! Too cute!!!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you guys are doing well!! Love you!
thanks for looking through them all - I had gotten behind so kind of did a "photo dump" for this post :-) We had fun with the chick-fil-a cow appreciation thing - I was needing to get out and it was going on and Josh was willing to go along with it ;-) Lubbock life has been really an easy transition and we enjoy the life God has blessed us with here. Love you!!!
Delete