We started blogging our life as best friends, husband and wife, in 2006 shortly after we got married. Once we had children, I created a new blog for our growing family. This is our blog sharing the story of our life: beginning with our first pregnancy and our journey as parents to our beloved firstborn, BB1, who arrived in our world perfectly on 11.5.2010 and his precious sister, BB2, born on 10.6.2012, our sweet third baby, BB3, born 2.3.2015, our 3rd vivacious daughter, BB6, born on 5.1.2018 and our 2nd living son and final Bruffey Baby, BB8, born 6.23.2021. We also love our 3 greatly missed babies in Heaven, BB4 (born in Heaven at 5 weeks 5 days on 10.8.2016) BB5 (born still at 16 weeks on 2.5.2017), and BB7 (born in Heaven at 7 weeks 3 days on 10.23.2019). I will share my stories of our family, of being a wife, a mother, a home manager, a friend, a woman, a Hope Mom, and a person pursuing hope in Christ through life and death, joy and pain. Welcome to our journey!

"Show me the path where I should walk, O LORD; point out the right road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you."
Psalm 24: 4 - 5

Monday, August 12, 2013

Lactivist in Lubbock: Breastfeeding is Beautiful

Mama B and Butterfly BB2

I have wanted a breastfeeding photoshoot with each of my nurslings, but have not been able to afford it. My beloved husband took pictures of me and my oldest nursling when Jacob was 9 months old and I treasure those pictures. I was talking about it in a FB moms group (Lubbock Crunchy Moms) that I founded when we moved here and one of my new mom friends offered to take pictures of me and Ruth Evelyn! I LOVE them! We went to Cactus Alley here in Lubbock - this great venue that has all local shops that are so quaint (and remind me somewhat of downtown Franklin, TN), one of them being my FAVORITE local coffeeshop, Gatsby's! They carry almond milk, so this Mama is a huge fan! Cactus Alley has a beautiful courtyard with a pond and waterfall and bridge and lots of vines and greenery. I thought this would be a perfect spot for our photoshoot! It happened that we were able to take the pictures on the day of a breastfeeding peaceful protest here in Texas in the DFW area to support a local breastfeeding mother who was the victim of harassment, so I liked that I could capture this season of me and my daughter nursing while standing in solidarity with my fellow breastfeeding mothers in the DFW area. The friend/photographer who took the pictures did a great write up on her blog: Photographer for a Day: Breastfeeding.

So grateful to have captured these moments with my daughter while getting to know a new friend a little better.






Signing "MILK" to each other while she nurses - a memory of our breastfeeding I'll never forget!






 





~ Mama Bruffey ~

No comments:

Post a Comment