My dearest Ruth Evelyn:
What an incredible 9 months it has been! We traveled to Houston on July 1st for a visit with family. Our first full day there, July 2nd, you took your first step in the presence of your Mama, your Grandparents and great Grandmother (Granny)! We got to enjoy time with family and friends. You continue to amaze me and your Daddy as we watch you grow and learn.
Things you love: your big brother, your Daddy, your Mama, breastfeeding, climbing and crawling, exploring, your Camelbak, your elephant lovey, your baby doll from Grandmother, playing cars like your brother, tickles, water and bath time, BOOKS, and MOVEMENT! You have loved to be swung, bounced, and danced with since you were a newborn!
Development: still crawling - SUPER fast; cruises on furniture; took your first step and then up to 2 steps at a time through this month. Sometimes waves "bye bye". You still have 4 teeth, 2 on top and 2 on bottom, but are working on at least one more.
Language: started signing "MILK"! It is adorable! You'll be nursing and hold up one hand as you look at me for confirmation and sign "MILK" - my heart just melts every time as we celebrate this EACH time you sign it! Also, as this 10th month unfolds from 9 months to 10, you start making this smacking with your mouth when we are eating, indicating you'd like to try some. Such a smart girl!
Sleeps: like a baby *wink*! Wakes 2 to, well, many times a night. During our trip to Houston, you started sleeping in 5 to 6 hour chunks at night! Grandmother's house has always had "sleepy dust"! You also went back to taking 2 good naps a day! It was so sweet! I always love seeing my kids get rest and how it revives them during the times they are awake. God has taught me much through your unique sleep journey (just as He did with your brother's!).
Personality: Social! Extrovert! Loves people! Our church childcare workers have told me "we love that she will go to anyone!" and "She is just always smiling!" You enjoy people, playing, and exploring. You do want things to work out, though - and when you're trying to master something and it doesn't go as you would like, you can definitely let us know that you are frustrated! Just like your Mama, you are a woman with complex emotions!
Eats: Mama's milk! Still breastfeeding for all nutrition. We've started baby-led weaning but you're not really swallowing or digesting much yet... though when I offered some of my homemade bread, you found that great to play with AND to gum up and swallow! (eating changes slightly as this month ends) It's been such a joy dancing this breastfeeding journey with you, my daughter. I am grateful to God for the opportunity to breastfeed my children and the resources God brought into our family that have made this possible. Whenever you choose to wean, it will be bittersweet! I am finding I enjoy each stage of my children's lives (my husband and I are having a blast with our toddler!) and yet, as each stage ends it means something precious about that stage is forever a thing of the past, so I treasure each season as they grow.
You are so beautiful! I love our time of cuddling when you wake up and just before you go to bed. I enjoy reading with you before each nap and bed time and seeing you interact with your books. I delight in seeing you enjoy your bath and splashing in the water. I especially am filled with joy as I see you watch your big brother and how much you love him and want to be with him. I pray for your friendship as siblings as you walk through this life. I am so glad I am your Mama. I could not imagine our family without you, my precious daughter!
7.6.13 9 months old
My butterfly girl in a dress made by a dear friend.
Playing with a car!
Of course we had a matching diaper!
Love our bow from my dear friend.
A brown bow from Grandmother - perfect with your brown diaper!
Glasses to keep you seated!
A butterfly balloon from Grandmother (the only one with butterflies she could find)!
Such a beautiful girl to me!
You look like your Aunt Rup here!
Some pictures that mark your 9th month:
7.2.13
The Day You Took Your First Step
7.3.13
We cooked dinner for the whole family!
7.4.13
Grateful for our national heritage.
Finally meeting your Uncle Josh. He's pretty incredible!
Aunt Rup and Uncle Josh are the best!
Aunt Rup - you're her mini-me too!
She loves you and will teach you so many wonderful things about womanhood, sisters, and this world!
7.5.13
Swimming with the family
7.6.13
Your 9 Month Birthday
You just adore your big brother! (So do I!)
Snuggles with Uncle Josh
Love from Grandmother
Eating some of Mama's homemade bread. You liked it!
You and your big brother!
This is your great grandmother, Granny - she just loves her great grandbabies!
7.7.13
Saying good-bye
Granddaddy and Aunt Rup
Such a big world out there, my girl!
I just love this picture of you!
Happy 9 Months, baby girl. I love our dance. You bring joy to others. My prayer for you is that you will know God through Jesus and His great love for you and follow Him and His work in this world with a heart of passion, conviction, and zeal for truth based on His Word. I am humbled to be your Mama. And delighted to be a part of your journey! I love you. Always.
~ Mama Bruffey ~








































No comments:
Post a Comment