We started blogging our life as best friends, husband and wife, in 2006 shortly after we got married. Once we had children, I created a new blog for our growing family. This is our blog sharing the story of our life: beginning with our first pregnancy and our journey as parents to our beloved firstborn, BB1, who arrived in our world perfectly on 11.5.2010 and his precious sister, BB2, born on 10.6.2012, our sweet third baby, BB3, born 2.3.2015, our 3rd vivacious daughter, BB6, born on 5.1.2018 and our 2nd living son and final Bruffey Baby, BB8, born 6.23.2021. We also love our 3 greatly missed babies in Heaven, BB4 (born in Heaven at 5 weeks 5 days on 10.8.2016) BB5 (born still at 16 weeks on 2.5.2017), and BB7 (born in Heaven at 7 weeks 3 days on 10.23.2019). I will share my stories of our family, of being a wife, a mother, a home manager, a friend, a woman, a Hope Mom, and a person pursuing hope in Christ through life and death, joy and pain. Welcome to our journey!

"Show me the path where I should walk, O LORD; point out the right road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you."
Psalm 24: 4 - 5

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Ruth Evelyn is 5 Months and Jacob is 28 Months!

This month has really gone by in a whirlwind for the Bruffey family. Since February 6th, so much has happened! Days come and go and now, unbelievably so, our baby girl is 5 months old and big brother Jacob is 28 months! They are both weathering the many changes in their young lives quite well. Josh and I are so proud of our precious children! 

Ruth Evelyn: 5 Months Old

Loves: her feet! Chewing on things! Trying to get Mama's contigo cup with hot Mother's Milk tea in it. Snuggles with Daddy, who can always make her smile. Mama's milk and snuggles with Mama. Being worn in our kinderpack. Holding soft things. ALL THINGS JACOB! If he's in the room, that is where her eyes are! Her exersaucer. We've just started using this since moving and she loves it! People - she seems to be quite the extrovert! Sometimes, if no one is looking at her, she's fuss and the moment someone talks to her she is ALL smiles. She is really observant of what's happening around her and wants to join in when there are toys and kids playing - she kicks and flails her arms! Oh she wants to be on the move! She loves being on her tummy! She also loves being naked! When we take her clothes off before bed she gets really excited!

Dislikes: She is such a pleasant little girl - the only times she gets fussy is when she gets tired and we've waited to long to start our naptime/bedtime routine or if she gets hungry and I usually do not let her go so long she gets uncomfortable with hunger - it happens rarely and usually if we're in the car and she gets hungry. Most the time she is just a smiling or contented little one. 

Development: She still rolls consistently from tummy to back. She wants to be mobile - when on her tummy, she is kicking her arms and legs and her face is so excited and intent! She manages to move in a circle - like a 180 degree to 360 degree circle -it is cute! No teeth so far, just lots and lots of drool! She still loves to grab toys and bring them to her mouth to chew on. She also has discovered Mama's hair and really enjoys grabbing onto that and giving it a good pull towards her mouth! She still "talks"/babbles a lot and her favorite sound seems to be "dadadadadadada" which we find sweet, especially since Jacob's was "mamamamamama" :-) She is getting better at "sitting" - she can do what I call "quadrapod" - where she uses both hands/arms and kind of supports herself to sit for a short time.

Here's some pictures from our monthly photoshoot! It was before dinner (I always prefer Josh to be home to help with our photoshoots) so she was getting tired - but we managed to get some really sweet shots.

My little flower girl!

Sweet baby!

She's a doll!

Look, Mama - I can hold my foot!


Really, another picture?


I love the look on her face in this one!



This is a pretty dress, Mama! I'd like to chew on it!

Hey! I see you!

I found my foot!


I'm slipppping!


I love being half naked!


One of my favorites!

My regal girl!


Of course one of the best pictures was AFTER our photoshoot when we were at the table for dinner!


Big Brother Jacob: 28 Months Old

Our firstborn is quickly nearing the 2 1/2 year mark! We are having so much fun with him!

Loves: Cars, dogs, balls, Mickey Mouse, Curious George, time with his Daddy, Mama snuggles and play time, parks with swings and slides, Grandmother and Granddaddy, bath time, his stuffed Monkey, his Leap Pad, and his Kylee! He loves talking to Granny on the 'puter and his Aunt Rup and Tante Maren make him smile. He adores Markus and misses his friends Emma and "Wogan" (Logan). He still loves his "binky" and if I let him have "binky pway??" he giggles with delight. Ever since little sister Ruth Evelyn was born, we've allowed this more and now, with our big move, we feel it is one small thing that gives him comfort as he faces these big changes in his young life. As we get settled, we're starting to reinforce "binky is for bed night night" only, but it still just thrills his little heart to have binky time. He LOVES to laugh - if you make him laugh he will ask for whatever you've done to be done again and again and again - "Let's do that one more time" he'll say.

Dislikes: having to stop playing for a diaper change, not getting his binky for play time, new situations, having to leave a park, many foods (we're still working on a set diet as he continues to react to some foods that he previously did not, so we are working to figure out what does not upset his GI system - I'm starting to wonder if food allergy testing is in his future just so we know for sure what's going on), and loud noises.

Development: He has started helping Mama set the table here in Lubbock. He recently had his 1 year follow up with his ENT who did his ear tube surgery in 2012 and was dismissed as a patient because his ears look great, his eustachian tubes are no longer horizontal, and we've not had a single ear infection since the surgery a year ago! The ENT commented on how his language is incredible! Jacob, our normally shy boy, has taken to talking to people all the time. He still takes a while to warm up to new situations/people, but if he feels safe and comfortable, he WILL talk - a lot! I love it! He commentates his day and it makes my heart smile! 

3.5.2013
28 Months Old

3.6.13 
He set the table!

After his hard work setting the table, he had some outside time to play! 

He IS a beautiful boy!

(In the picture above, he was scooting backwards saying, "Bye bye Mama!")



He told me, "I put it in here and I close it!"

What a journey as their Mama! From navigating baby sleep to toddler emotions, I'm always learning and growing and am so grateful for God's wisdom and other Mamas to share the journey! We had our first playdate here in Lubbock with a Mom whose best friend was our birth photographer for Ruth Evelyn's birth! God is so good to take care of us and bring new friends! Tomorrow we visit our first MOPS group! We are finding great moments in our new life in Lubbock!

~ Mama Bruffey ~
Daughter of God, Wife of One, Mother of Two

No comments:

Post a Comment