Today was one of those days. I told Josh, "If you'd asked me 20 years ago what I wanted to "be" when I grew up... I didn't know it then, but I know now - it is THIS. Where we are, what we are, who we are RIGHT NOW."
Life in Lubbock is "us"! The size of the town - not too small but not too big; people are so friendly and almost everyone we meet asks us, "Have you found a church home yet?" This speaks to my heart. Josh job is one that is challenging and fun and he's working with great people and enjoying his days. We see him SO much more than the past 2 1/2 years with his office being close to our house - his commute is 1/4 of what it was in the metroplex. I told Josh on a family walk last night - "This is what I've dreamed of since I said "I do" more than I even knew!"
Speaking of that family walk... I've loved babywearing since my oldest was an infant. My husband has been a great "crunchy supportive" kind of Daddy and partner. He makes wipes for us when I need him to, jumped on the cloth diapering bandwagon with me when we needed to for our daughter, is open to Essential Oils, home remedies, and alternative eating. I've always been fascinated by "pretty" carriers from the moment I learned about this huge international babywearing community in 2010. My sweet husband even wore our son in my pretty print Beco Baby Gemini a few times. But, he's never had his OWN carrier. I always felt we could share the carriers, but I knew he didn't love all the prints. Now that we have 2 little ones, it hit me, "get him one of his own and let him pick it!" I have researched, borrowed, worn, and experimented with a ton of carriers these past 2 1/2 years and I KNEW the carrier that would be great for him was a Boba 3G! So, we talked about it - he was on board, and we ordered it. It came in TODAY!
He was eager to try it when he got home from work, so he practiced wearing Ruth Evelyn and then Jacob. He kept Jacob on, I put Ruth Evelyn on in our Kinderpack and we went to check our mail down the street and then took a family walk. It was PERFECT. The sun was warm but no hot, the evening pleasant, the hour not too late, and our kids snuggled up next to us as we talked and dreamed and laughed.
Yes... when moments are hard as they are bound to be in this life we live in a fallen world, this was the kind of day, the kind of moment that I cling to and reflect on and thank my Heavenly Father for His incredible blessings... and yet, even when days and moments are not this perfect, I remember how good God is even in the dark days. But oh how humbling to see the moments of common grace that allow us to have such special times in this fallen world!
Here are some pictures that represent our day!
Life in Lubbock is "us"! The size of the town - not too small but not too big; people are so friendly and almost everyone we meet asks us, "Have you found a church home yet?" This speaks to my heart. Josh job is one that is challenging and fun and he's working with great people and enjoying his days. We see him SO much more than the past 2 1/2 years with his office being close to our house - his commute is 1/4 of what it was in the metroplex. I told Josh on a family walk last night - "This is what I've dreamed of since I said "I do" more than I even knew!"
Speaking of that family walk... I've loved babywearing since my oldest was an infant. My husband has been a great "crunchy supportive" kind of Daddy and partner. He makes wipes for us when I need him to, jumped on the cloth diapering bandwagon with me when we needed to for our daughter, is open to Essential Oils, home remedies, and alternative eating. I've always been fascinated by "pretty" carriers from the moment I learned about this huge international babywearing community in 2010. My sweet husband even wore our son in my pretty print Beco Baby Gemini a few times. But, he's never had his OWN carrier. I always felt we could share the carriers, but I knew he didn't love all the prints. Now that we have 2 little ones, it hit me, "get him one of his own and let him pick it!" I have researched, borrowed, worn, and experimented with a ton of carriers these past 2 1/2 years and I KNEW the carrier that would be great for him was a Boba 3G! So, we talked about it - he was on board, and we ordered it. It came in TODAY!
He was eager to try it when he got home from work, so he practiced wearing Ruth Evelyn and then Jacob. He kept Jacob on, I put Ruth Evelyn on in our Kinderpack and we went to check our mail down the street and then took a family walk. It was PERFECT. The sun was warm but no hot, the evening pleasant, the hour not too late, and our kids snuggled up next to us as we talked and dreamed and laughed.
Yes... when moments are hard as they are bound to be in this life we live in a fallen world, this was the kind of day, the kind of moment that I cling to and reflect on and thank my Heavenly Father for His incredible blessings... and yet, even when days and moments are not this perfect, I remember how good God is even in the dark days. But oh how humbling to see the moments of common grace that allow us to have such special times in this fallen world!
Here are some pictures that represent our day!
The box arrived!!
I opened the amazon.com box, but left the Boba box closed until Josh got home and could open it himself.
A proud Daddy wearing his little girl!
How handsome is he wearing this baby!!
There is something so strong and brave and gentle and kind about a man wearing a baby!
And then he put on our toddler! Jacob wasn't sure at first (I had to sell all our carriers for the money when Ruth Evelyn was a newborn and then was able to buy one carrier for me to wear her, so we haven't had a toddler worthy carrier in a while.)
My two men!
A quick family picture before our walk!
And here below are my two babies playing "together" - Ruth Evelyn would play and then watch her brother as he played and just SMILE. She adores him already!
The next day, we did some backwearing for our walk!
Thanks for letting me share such a special time in the Bruffey family!
~ Mama Bruffey ~
Daughter of God, Wife of One, Mother of Two












No comments:
Post a Comment